Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christys' Trilby

Johnnysan

One Too Many
A strange, but happy, find on a recent trip through a local antique shop...a sable brown trilby from Christys' of London:

Christys_01.jpg

Christys_02.jpg

Christys_03.jpg

The hat is in like new condition and unlined. The felt is very lightweight and will be perfect for those "in between" seasons.

The sweatband is marked "Eddie Bauer", but I couldn't find any info on the Internet as to when they might have been selling these. Anyone have any info or care to venture a guess? Certainly not much older than 1980's, I'd say. (The "84" on the tag might be the give-away.)

Johnnysan

One Too Many
AlanC said:
Wonderful find.

It's amazing what shops like Bauer used to carry before they went 'mall'.

Sadly, I have no experience with Eddie Bauer prior to their becoming "mall," so I had the exact same thought when I turned the hat over and saw the two brand names together. It was kinda like the old Sesame Street song: "One of these things is not like the other..."

To me, a Christy's of London hat being sold by Eddie Bauer is rather like an Aston Martin on the Yugo dealer's lot. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran