Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chrysler "Style" Commercial

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
While unlikely to buy a Chrysler I do applaud this particular marketing attempt.

[video=youtube;HkzoAhAS0Kg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkzoAhAS0Kg[/video]

Thunderbolt

One of the Regulars
The commercial made me say "yes....yes...YES!!" then they showed the cars that were to bring back this "style" then I went "oh". Blah. Just another tuperware box on wheels.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
If Chrysler is going to bring some style back in a modern car, they should just revive this one.
Chrysler-Prowler-2.jpg

Firefyter-Emt

Familiar Face
The problem with the Prowler is they never offered a V8 in it... Sure, the V6 was plenty of power to have fun with such a light car, but car guys laugh when they see a beauty like that and you tell them... Yea, she's got a V6 too! Shame on them for that move!

Dear Chrysler,

Fantastic ad. Let me know when you're going to bring back Mile-High fins and enough Chromium to poison a city's water supply.

On a sadder note, if I was going to buy any brand new car, it'd be a Mopar. Since the Ford Panther-Platform cars are now dead and gone, my preference in new cars for years, Mopar's got all the decent cars now. Challengers, and 300s are pretty sharp looking. GM's got nothing that appeals to me. You can only get the V8 Camaro with a stick, so they offer nothing of interest to me. It's a shame. I'll be driving Dinosaurs the rest of my life because the Big 3 don't produce a real car anymore.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Ironically, I hate driving stick. I love automatics, but I also love V8's. It just is irritating I can't get a V8/Auto Camaro.

Ah. You see, I am a bit of a snob. I don't consider automatics driving. I can't imagine buying a car with any sort of performance and then spoiling it with an automatic.

I was just looking at Chevy's site, and it looks like you can get the V8 with an automatic. Maybe I misread.

Could be a new model year thing, I had been told previously that they were not. Maybe enough people squawked? Maybe I was misinformed. I've had 2 P71 Crown Vic Interceptors and with an auto I always beat sticks in a race. Even them 4-banger tuner jobs that are supposed to be so fast. Those Vics out-handled the Corvette I used to drive. I had one stick, 1958 Chevy. Inline 6, with a 3 on the tree. Hated it. Out when the drive-train for a 327/TH400. Much better!

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Could be a new model year thing, I had been told previously that they were not. Maybe enough people squawked? Maybe I was misinformed. I've had 2 P71 Crown Vic Interceptors and with an auto I always beat sticks in a race. Even them 4-banger tuner jobs that are supposed to be so fast. Those Vics out-handled the Corvette I used to drive. I had one stick, 1958 Chevy. Inline 6, with a 3 on the tree. Hated it. Out when the drive-train for a 327/TH400. Much better!

I would rather drive a car with a little engine and a manual transmission than a big engine and an automatic: to me it is just a lot more fun. I am on the fence about flappy paddle shifters, but it will be a long time, if such a time ever comes, before I can afford any car in which that would come up.

By the way, for a little while I had this great 1993 BMW 525. It wasn't real fast (well, it was pretty fast, but not fast car fast), but it was plenty quick and the combination of manual transmission and rear wheel drive (and german suspension) made it really fun to go round corners.

Last edited:
Well, to each their own. It's the different tastes that keep the industry going. If everyone wanted a big RWD Column shift auto sedan, like me, they'd still be making Crown Vics, Town Cars, and Grand Marquis Mercurys. And if they really wanted to build things that I like, cars would have fins and they'd still make station wagons, especially with wood paneling. Alas, what I like is no longer popular. It's something I've accepted with many things I enjoy in life.

Personally, I'm completely shocked how popular manuals are. But not all prefer luxury over performance.

I would rather drive a car with a little engine and a manual transmission than a big engine and an automatic: to me it is just a lot more fun. I am on the fence about flappy paddle shifters, but it will be a long time, if such a time ever comes, before I can afford any car in which that would come up.

Dan'l

Practically Family
I saw that commercial last weekend and liked the first part but just laughed when they revealed their new product line that is suppose to compare with what they had just teased us with. Chrysler has made the attempt over the years with cars like the 300 and PT Cruiser but just seem to fall short of reclaiming their past.

Effingham

A-List Customer
I almost feel like that commercial was a bait-and-switch.

But the general tone of it -- the message -- was something I could get behind and agree with. It's just their... ah, execution... that causes me to twitch a bit.

Tony

martinsantos

Practically Family
The commercial is great. I just don't know if the car is good or not. My dad had a Dodge Dart in 1973, and it was just marvelous. But this was long, long time ago.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Listening to the commercial it sound like they got actor Jeff Fahey to do the voice over. Then again it sort of sounds like Martin Sheen. What are your thoughts?

Cheers!

Dan

Effingham

A-List Customer
I recall that when he was young, my dad's first car (he was born in 1912) was an Auburn boat-tail speedster. I've decided that if I sell the next book and get enough bux, I'm going to be buying a replica one, also in green like his. Hell, I live in one of the houses he built -- might as well drive his car. :)
sammlung-auburn-boattail5.jpg

Now *THAT* car is class. :)

Thank you! I'm sure I picked it up somewhere, I'm not that creative haha.

... enough Chromium to poison a city's water supply...

That was nicely put, Tom.

Very, very cool!
My grandpa's first car was a 1949 Nash he bought brand new.
1949_Nash_Airflyte_Ambassador-b.jpg

My dad's first car was a 1966 Caprice wagon, he bought from his dad with seized motor for 200 bucks in 1976.
Page3CapriceWagon.jpg

My first car was a 1960 Chevy Bel-Air in 2006
My60Chevy003.jpg

I later followed in my dad's footsteps, and bought my favorite car I've ever owned 1987 Caprice wagon
ce11.jpg

I recall that when he was young, my dad's first car (he was born in 1912) was an Auburn boat-tail speedster. I've decided that if I sell the next book and get enough bux, I'm going to be buying a replica one, also in green like his. Hell, I live in one of the houses he built -- might as well drive his car. :)
sammlung-auburn-boattail5.jpg

Now *THAT* car is class. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy