Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigarette Pants/ Pedal Pushers/ Capris/ Cropped Pants

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Hi ladies. I hope there isn't a thread about this already, I looked but to be honest it doesn't mean it wasn't right in front of my face. I really love the cigarette pant (pedal pusher, capri, cropped pant) look of the late 50s and early 60s, like Grace Kelly and Audrey Helpburn are both sporting on this page http://vavoomvintage.blogspot.com/2010/08/building-vintage-wardrobe-pants.html, and Betty Drapper is wearing here http://sammydvintage.com/vintage-style/60s/1960s-fashion-mad-men/ . But to continue I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of where to find pants like these. I really want a pair or two for the summer to pair with a sleeveless shirt that is tied at the waist. I would prefer a high waisted style like they probably were in the 50's and 60's. So does anyone know there I can find a modern pair of pants like these? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Drappa

One Too Many
I recently found a plaid pair at H&M. Did Bana Republic's Mad Men collection have them?
Otherwise there are a few repro companies who do them. Bernie Dexter, Freddies, Vivian of Holloway all have some I think.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
bunnyb.gal thanks for pointing that out I fixed it. Drappa I will look at those places. And Highball Emy, thanks those are cute I really like the ones from the first link in blue.

lframe

One of the Regulars
I'm a bigger gal and can normally find my pants like these at Lane Bryant/Avenue or One Stop Plus here in the states. It takes a little looking, but I'm happy when I find them.

I also bought a new sewing book which teaches me how to make my own patterns based on clothes you want to copy. Guess what I'm going to try and do over the coming months? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy