Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Civillian Car usage Military WWII?

MissJeanavive

One of the Regulars
Hello,

We are incorporating a 37 Buick into a military living history display and are trying to determine how to do so appropriately...we have considered applying a temp. red cross symbol but that doesn't sound appropriate in reviewing the Geneva convention, adding flags to imply a staff car but most of them usually have the star and are painted green...any creative thoughts and suggestions?...

Cheers,

Colonel

One of the Regulars
A bit off topic, but still related -

My brother has the 1940 Ford Coup that my father owned. I very clearly recall being driven to kindergarten in that car in the 1950's. He had it painted black, but the original color was OD - or something very close to it. We still have the original bill of sale, so it was not a pre-war surplus vehicle. I am wondering if OD was a standard color at that time.

I need to dig up that bill of sale and see if it specifies the color...

MissJeanavive

One of the Regulars
Here are all the photos from the 1940's Picnic War Bond Drive at the Battery Chamberlin - Presidio San Francisco

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thenetworkgirl/4762030324/in/set-72157624421778316/

Friends dad made magnetic red cross decal for the car

4762030324_985cf2cb51_m.jpg

4771434285_95cb66db12_m.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy