Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Films

Lucky Girl

New in Town
I was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to find streaming classic movies online? Maybe something in the way of a
Netflix type of site. Netflix does have a few classic films, but I'm looking for a site the specializes in classic movies. If anyone can
help that would be great!

Atomic Age

Practically Family
I was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to find streaming classic movies online? Maybe something in the way of a
Netflix type of site. Netflix does have a few classic films, but I'm looking for a site the specializes in classic movies. If anyone can
help that would be great!

The Warner Archive now has an instant service.

http://instant.warnerarchive.com/

Doug

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Netflix and Amazon Instant video have classic films, it's just FINDING them on the service that's a pain.
I can search 4-5 different ways and come up with more films each time, than just choosing "classic."
Sometimes typing in the era such as "30's, 40's, etc" does bring up films from that era.
I will be checking out the instantwarnerarchive though, thanks for the tip Doug.

Maltese

One of the Regulars
A good way would be to get the Amazon prime membership. I think its around 80.00 for the year but you get access to thousands of classic films to watch for free and others for your option to buy to download onto your kindle or tablet to keep if you like them enough .
Cool to see another member from Massachusetts ! :)

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
My wife has that, and it works out very well.
As I stated earlier though, their search engine is the pits!
Although they have improved it by allowing you to "see more like this" or something to that effect.
Before you could run "film noir" and only get 5 films, then look through classic films and find a whole bunch of them that didn't come up the first time.
Netflix is like this too.
What I've found helpful with them, if to click on a genre and choose "year released" then just scroll to the bottom of the page until you hit the last one, working backwards from there.

Maltese

One of the Regulars
I like it better then Netflix thats my opinion . I do have issue with searching as well not sure why they just don't do a-z ? I think to add that database to the search function is not an easy thing .
If you know what films you want to see you can type that in and it will come up. My 7 yr old daughter and 4 yr old son get a TON of use out of the prime
Kid shows movies ect . Then you can have some me time :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner