Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic One Liners and Quotes

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
ANYTHING translated from Japanese sounds goofy!!! They are a strange race of people...Though "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge" is freakin' hilarious, though probably thanks mostly to "Kenny Blankenship" and "Vic Romano", the hosts.lol

"All your base are belong to us" is probably the #1 favorite goofy Japanese phrase among "gamers" and techno geeks.

(I am NOT a "geek"...I am a nerd. Geeks have better paying jobs.)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Haversack said:
I sometimes use the expression "deus ex Weenie King" in place of the more recognized Latin expression.

Deus ex Weenie King, I love it! Mind if I use that one Haversack?

This is the kind of stuff that makes me love the Lounge.

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Serial Hero said:
“You gonna do somethin, or just stand there and bleed?”

Along with almost every other line from “Tombstone”.

That reminds me of Ben Stiller's character in 'Dodgeball'

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood- nobody!"

farnham54

A-List Customer
Peter La Fleur: Uh, actually I decided to quit... Lance.
Lance Armstrong: Quit? You know, once I was thinking of quitting when I was diagnosed with brain, lung and testicular cancer all at the same time. But with the love and support of my friends and family, I got back on the bike and won the Tour de France five times in a row. But I'm sure you have a good reason to quit. So what are you dying of that's keeping you from the finals?
Peter La Fleur: Right now it feels a little bit like... shame.
Lance Armstrong: Well, I guess if a person never quit when the going got tough, they wouldn't anything to regret for the rest of their life. Well good luck to you Peter. I'm sure this decision won't haunt you forever.

Dodgeball :D Priceless!

melankomas

One of the Regulars
"yes, you squashed cabbage leaf, you disgrace to the noble architecture of these columns, you incarnate insult to the English language, I could pass you off as the Queen of Sheba." - Pygmalion, 1938

"i loaf, though in a charming and highly decorative manner." - Mildred Pierce, 1945

"we do not have to go to the bank." - I Remember Mama, 1948

"all you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of people." - My Man Godfrey, 1936

"now there's a guy who never goes out of a girl's mind; he just stays there like a heavy meal." - The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer, 1947

"i see that, in addition to your other charms, you have that insolence generated by an inferior upbringing." - Stage Door, 1937

"a country isn't a rock, and it isn't an extension of one's self; it's what it stands for, when standing for something is the most difficult." - Judgement at Nuremberg, 1961

"oh, i'm eternally right, but what good does it do me?" - The Petrified Forest, 1936

i expect i've proven how inappropriate an obsession i have with classic cinema.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-?†-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

- V for Vendetta

indyjim

Familiar Face
"Alright, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup." Gloria Swanson, Sunset Blvd.

or.... I always liked this one. "CandyGram for Mongo"

Hondo

One Too Many
I always admired Patrick Henrys “Give me Liberty or Give me Death” :eusa_clap

But then came Ex-President Jimmy Carters brother, Billy and someone came up with “Give me Libya or Give me Debts!” when Billy Carter needed a loan, Libya’s strong man Muammar Gaddafi offered to help, never knew if Carter ever paid back his debts, still “Give me Libya or Give me Debts” was funny lol

Steve

Practically Family
farnham54 said:
Man, imagine having to deliver THAT line!!

Cheers
Craig
If we're ever at the QM at the same time, I can do it on command. :p

One of my all-time favorites:

"He had $10,000 worth of insurance, no kids, and a wife that didn't like him."
- Sam Spade

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Brigadoon

Was watching Brigadoon last week, had a couple of good quotes:

"Scratch the surface of any woman, and she'll enjoy it"

and

by Van Heflin in a noisy crowded bar: "It's not the heat, it's the humanity"

anselmo1

One of the Regulars
Favorite Movie Quotes

The Godfather 1972

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Clemenza to Rocco

The Godfather II 1974

"My father taught me many things ... keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

Michael Corleone to Frank Pentangeli

Day at the Races 1937

"If I hold you any closer, I’ll be in back of you."

Groucho Marx to Thelma Todd

Horsefeathers 1932

"Funny, I’ve met a lot of pin-up girls, but I’ve never been able to pin one down."

Groucho Marx to girl in bar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot