Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Safari vehicles!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
@Correus:
Cool story. You are their Sensei.

Who could ever forget Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom with Marlin Perkins and Jim Fowler chasing Rhinos in a Land Rover?
As a boy i dreamed of Africa and Land Rovers. I still regret not getting a 67’ decades ago for a song.

“Jim, go rope that rhino while we hear from our sponsor Timex. Look at that Timex, keeps on ticking”.
B

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't have a subscription, so they won't let me read it. Any chance you could copy and paste?

BTW - my Rover got ducked by a group of Jeepers a couple of months ago.

Apparently, copying and pasting that article is beyond my skill set. (Really? Seems so simple.) Anyway, here is another article that talks about the “Jeep ducking” phenomenon.

https://parade.com/living/duck-duck-jeep

Call me what you will —old fashioned, hopelessly toxic, humorless— but jeeps and cute rubber ducks should not go together. If you are driving a pimped Jeep around suburbia collecting ducks, you may be unsure of the concept of jeeps, off-road utility vehicles, etc. Although, I guess I’m familiar enough with the concept that, these days, expensive urban jeeps are mostly just fashion statements.

Ha ha. Lighten up, Tiki! Jeep ducking is Just one of those things that should not be taken too seriously. Like other fads, this will disappear in a few months.

fireman

One of the Regulars
Apparently, copying and pasting that article is beyond my skill set. (Really? Seems so simple.) Anyway, here is another article that explains the “Jeep ducking” phenomenon.

Call me what you will —old fashioned, hopelessly toxic, humorless— but jeeps and cute rubber ducks should not go together. If you are driving a pimped Jeep around suburbia collecting ducks, you may be unsure of the concept of jeeps, off-road utility vehicles, etc. Although, I guess I’m familiar enough with the concept that, these days, expensive urban jeeps are mostly just fashion statements.

Ha ha. Jeep ducking is Just one of those things that should not be taken too seriously. Like other fads, this will disappear in a few months.
This.

Correus

Familiar Face
Apparently, copying and pasting that article is beyond my skill set. (Really? Seems so simple.) Anyway, here is another article that talks about the “Jeep ducking” phenomenon.

Ha ha. Lighten up, Tiki! Jeep ducking is Just one of those things that should not be taken too seriously. Like other fads, this will disappear in a few months.

Thanks. I also agree with you. Land Rover lost its way years ago and are now "fashion statements" as well, especially the newest one.

Jaguar - Land Rover have even dropped the name and are just going with 'JLR'. They are no longer going to build their vehicles using the name 'Land Rover'; they are dumping their heritage and distancing themselves from the off road aspect. Now they only want to be known for luxury.

To me, their new lines are nothing more than glorified soccer mom cars.

As to the ducks... I don't get it either. Usually when I see them they are associated with the new Jeeps, but this group of Jeepers were all in pre-1990 rigs.

Correus

Familiar Face
@Correus:
Cool story. You are their Sensei.

Who could ever forget Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom with Marlin Perkins and Jim Fowler chasing Rhinos in a Land Rover?
As a boy i dreamed of Africa and Land Rovers. I still regret not getting a 67’ decades ago for a song.

“Jim, go rope that rhino while we hear from our sponsor Timex. Look at that Timex, keeps on ticking”.
B

Thanks. Virtually every vintage Rover owner I know here in the States fell in love with the vintage Rovers due to watching MoOWK. That's where I first saw them. Had no clue what they were until the mid/late '70s when I saw the W.H. Britains military Rover in a toy store!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points