Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Style #5

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
David...

Been my experience in purchasing CS in the bookstores that it gets on the shelf about two weeks after it ships from Vancouver, WA. Given what MK has told us, I expect to see it in about another week here in the DC area.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I've received my advance copy, since I wrote the bow tie article, let me just say, this is the finest issue yet. The photography, the articles, everything is just top-notch, entertaining, informative, and stylish. This is truly the best issue yet! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Great and well-written article, Tim...

Hemingway Jones said:
I've received my advance copy, since I wrote the bow tie article, let me just say, this is the finest issue yet. The photography, the articles, everything is just top-notch, entertaining, informative, and stylish. This is truly the best issue yet!
You ALMOST have me convinced to wear bow ties with something other than formal wear. Manton's article about bespoke shirts was also very well written. I'm saving the rest for my ride home on the commuter train tonight!

Mossyrock

One of the Regulars
I live kind of a sheltered life...I haven't stepped foot in a Barnes & Noble in several years. Thank God for the internet! I went to the "Classic Style" website and ordered issue #5 (and a few of the back issues). This looks like it could be an interesting read.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Mossyrock said:
I live kind of a sheltered life...I haven't stepped foot in a Barnes & Noble in several years. Thank God for the internet! I went to the "Classic Style" website and ordered issue #5 (and a few of the back issues). This looks like it could be an interesting read.

You'll enjoy 'em, I'm sure. I know I have.

I can't wait for #5! Each time I hear the mail truck coming I run out the door and wait. :D

Welcome aboard, Mossy.

Earp

One of the Regulars
Very Discouraged ...

I went to my local Barnes & Noble to pick up the latest issue of Classic Style and was told that the manager had sent them back. They couldn't have had them more than a few days. I really wanted that issue! I guess I'll order it from the FL store but I liked the idea of the instant gratification of picking it up locally as soon as it hit the store.

Shouldn't they keep them on the shelves long enough for someone to get over there and buy one? MK, are they doing you right by taking away your shelf space so quickly?

Earp

One of the Regulars
Yep ....

You were right Zemke Fan. I called the store back and they said they had sent their remaining copies of the last issue back. He said the summer issue is set to be available on June 13th. So this Friday I'll pick one up.

Thanks for a great magazine MK. It's quality and content certainly match it's name.

moustache

Practically Family
Many thanks!

Well i received what i hope is NOT my last Classic Style in the post today.And MK was right:What a great issue!!! Every page a delight.
Kudos to MK and his gang in getting this to us and may the numbers go black instead of red my friend.

Jim
Vancouver,Wa

Cascadian

New in Town
Eureka!

I have it! Just back from my local B&N where number 5 finally showed up, and I have my copy. Now to hide myself in a conference room for the rest of the afternoon so I can enjoy it in peace.

I also made a point of buying several other things (I was wanting anyway), to reward them with my commerce for displaying Classic Style prominently. I figured even my few extra dollars could help a little.

Thank you, MK.

(Answer to the question on the cover: Yes, I am.)

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I hope mine comes soon! I called and updated my address when I moved, and I also have mail being forwarded. I suspect it's somewhere in the forwarding process.

Oh, the anticipation...

Brad

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mine's in my neighbor's trailer...at Yellowstone. The mail came last Friday as they were heading out and he didn't look at what the mailman handed him until they were already on the road. He said he could pop it in the mail back to me or bring it and give it to me when they get home on Sunday. Darn, darn, darn, darn, darn! But I can't wait to see it.

WH1

Practically Family
I got a copy at Barnes and Noble today. Funny thing is I called them on friday and the girl who answered the phone was adamant that they were not getting this issue so I ordered it online. Today I see it on the stand. Oh well now I have a collector copy on the way. Great issue by the way, hopefully not the last.

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
MK,

I got my copy yesterday. I live in hope that the presses start running again at some point. The entire series has been outstanding and it filled a gaping hole in the market. It saddens me that more advertisers couldn't see that simple fact. I am proud to have committed my subscription dollars to the project and I consider it money well spent. You took a shot and I admire you for it. Thanks.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I received my copy in yesterday's mail and enjoyed reading it last evening. I hope there will be more in the not too distant future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic