Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Style Magazine

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
The men's wear industry took a pretty big hit financially last year so most are reluctant to be investing in new business. That is making it very hard for us to raise the money needed to proceed.

If you do business with any companies that would be a good fit for Classic Style, please share with them your feelings about our magazine and encourage them to advertise. If hat companies alone were more supportive we could make this happen. A few do but many don't.

The next issue is by far the best one we done to date. It would be a shame if no one ever saw it.

Nashoba

One Too Many
Ahhh, now I understand why it hasn't arrived. MK I certainly hope that things work out. I agree with what has been mentioned before here, it is a fantastic magazine and the only one I happily subscribed to. Best of luck, I know the industry can be hard.

moustache

Practically Family
Indeed MK,i hope all goes well for the future of CS.I also have a two year subscription and would hate to see the magazine fall by the way side.
Hopefully some good things happen soon.

All the best,

Jim

Marty M.

Vendor
StanleyVanBuren said:
Meanwhile, GQ is heralding the return of the bowtie and showing us spectator shoes with white jeans. [huh]

:eek: :eek: . How revolting. I know that MK and his staff are working hard to get advertisers to belly up to the bar. For those of you with connections to companies that would be a good fit in Classic Style, pass that information on over. Just remember to leave me a little room in the magazine :eek: .
Marty Mathis

Viper Man

Banned
MK said:
The men's wear industry took a pretty big hit financially last year so most are reluctant to be investing in new business. That is making it very hard for us to raise the money needed to proceed.

If you do business with any companies that would be a good fit for Classic Style, please share with them your feelings about our magazine and encourage them to advertise. If hat companies alone were more supportive we could make this happen. A few do but many don't.

The next issue is by far the best one we done to date. It would be a shame if no one ever saw it.

MK, is it still possible to order back issues? Are there any left?

Lonn

Familiar Face
Issue V

Hi,
If I am unable to subscribe via the web, which I have been for some time, and I miss it on the news-stand, which is likely considering the demand for such a high quality product, how do I obtain a copy of issue V when it comes off the presses?
It has been a great ride so far.
Quite sure I am not the only one that wants to know.

lonn

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Like CherryRed, I'd like to know what our options are if we currently have a subscription hanging in the air. I just renewed, using up my small budget for reading material... and now I have nothing to read! I'm all for supporting the little guy, but in my case, this little hitch amounts to a little more than disappointment.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
MK -

While I do hope for the return of CS, I understand the circumstances under which you are operating. If, by chance or otherwise, you can't continue, please consider my subscription filled. Hell, the open access to THIS SITE alone is worth MORE than the cost of the magazine. Thank you for hosting this home away from home and doing so gratis.

Oh, by the way, if anyone dare calls you a cheat, let me know - my wife's cousins from the Bronx are only a phone call away. You know, Big Cos, Little Cos and Cosimo Tess...Paisan's!

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I truly hope CS doesn't go down the tubes. It's the only magazine I've ever subscribed to and it would be a real loss to everyone if it never really got off the ground. I just wish the "big guys" in the field would take notice and help y'all out.

Is there anything we can do to help, MK? Get the word out? Write-in campaign?

BuddyJ

One of the Regulars
I think the best thing to do is be patient and urge your local haberdashers and other suitable vendors to consider advertising in this quality publication.

moustache

Practically Family
Ditto!

Mr. Lucky said:
MK -

While I do hope for the return of CS, I understand the circumstances under which you are operating. If, by chance or otherwise, you can't continue, please consider my subscription filled. Hell, the open access to THIS SITE alone is worth MORE than the cost of the magazine. Thank you for hosting this home away from home and doing so gratis.

Oh, by the way, if anyone dare calls you a cheat, let me know - my wife's cousins from the Bronx are only a phone call away. You know, Big Cos, Little Cos and Cosimo Tess...Paisan's!

This goes for me as well Mike!!!! Between the site and the magazines i have,it was a bargain enough!!

Jim

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
MK said:
I have never cheated anyone before and I am not about to start.

Fair enough?

Now that's Classic Style! :eusa_clap

While I certainly understand those who are on a tight budget (according to my wife, I should be on one, too! :D ) I go along with Mr. Lucky and Moustache on this one. I subscribed knowing that new magazines don't always make it, especially somewhat specialized ones like Classic Style. In fact, a main reason I subscribed was to try to do my bit to help it survive. I don't know much about the publishing world, but I believe that subscription numbers help when it comes to advertising.

I do hope this is just a minor setback, but even if it isn't MK and everyone else who was involved in the magazine can be proud of the fact that they produced a magazine that brought me and, I'm sure, most everyone else who read it a great deal more reading and learning enjoyment than most of the magazines I've read.

Regards,
Tom

Marty M.

Vendor
BuddyJ said:
I think the best thing to do is be patient and urge your local haberdashers and other suitable vendors to consider advertising in this quality publication.

Except for the other local Haberdashers in Minneapolis :D .
Marty Mathis

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
MK- how about. . .

MK said:
Sorry for the lack of information. No one is trying to be tight lipped. It is just hard to give an answer to a question you don't know an answer to.

With a few exceptions, Classic Style has not been supported very well from advertisers. A magazine such as this can only survive if there is an advertising universe that supports it. Mainstream companies have been shy.

[. . . deleted part here]

I appreciate those who have subscribed and supported Classic Style in other ways. If we can do it, we will. I should know in a week or so.

MK- We are rooting for you. :) I know you have to consider how best to support your current advertisers (and with another day of bad news on the markets. . .). But maybe you could post a "Thank you" to those who have and continue to be willing to support the magazine. I'm still buying hats (hope the wife isn't looking!) and I'd be more than happy to give them a thank you in the notes with my order. (I already do order only from those supporting the FL!). As I'm new I don't know who has supported the magazine- I'll order a copy of an issue on-line meanwhile . . . Least I can do given the wonderful folks on this list have saved me oodles of money due to their sound advice!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Easy Money

New in Town
MK please know that the CS is the only magizine that I subscribed to purely for the content of the product and not the sleeve of golf balls or the sport team jacket. And know that it was a bargain at the subscription price. They are the only magazines that don't hit the trash after laying around for a week or two. They are stored as research material. The informationm is in my opinion timeless. It will be a true loss if the magazine cannot continue. Know though that any moneyies I paid have been returned tenfold with the material I have aquired between the FL and CS. Thank you for your commitment to the endeavor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy