Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic wide leg pants?

lindylady

A-List Customer
I was considering ordering the wide leg sailor pants from Dancestore.com. Has anyone ordered their pants? If so, what's the fit like?

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Honey Doll said:
I have a couple pairs of Chadwick's crepe palazzo pants. They really are quite nice for the price. My only complaint is that the rise is a bit higher than I like.

Has anyone had a pair from Shady Lady? I'm looking at these

http://www.shadyladyclothing.com/pinuppant.html

They seem quite nice for the money, but I sent an email inquiring probably a week ago and haven't heard back. Any one have any experience with this store?

Honey Doll

I have loved those pants for a while, but the inseam isn't long enough. I wonder if she would make them in a 34 instead..... hummm ....

Anyway! The rise looks quite high in those pants as well. I'm not sure how the Chadwick's pants fit you, but those would be really high waisted pants. Just a warning :)

Kimberly

Practically Family
I picked up these gentlemen's inspired vintage high waisted trousers today at Goodwill. I figured it is still so cold outside I can wear them this week. This is tomorrow's ensamble. :D

blacktrousers.jpg

Kimberly

Practically Family
Thanks Daisy! I was obsessed with getting a pair of sailor pants after finding a repro version of them at Marshalls that didn't fit me. I can't wait to get them. They are wool but I will still wear them on summer nights. :p lol :eek:

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
Wideleg Pants!! Under $25

Hi all! I know this had kind of died out, but I know the search for wideleg pants is never ending.. I found these:

http://www.gojane.com/20175.html

The look pretty good, the description says they have a 12" flare on them... They also look pretty high waisted...

The color range ain't great, Hot Pink?!:eek:, but they do come in black.
I've ordered from GoJane and the shipping is blindingly fast!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DimeADanceQueen said:
Hi all! I know this had kind of died out, but I know the search for wideleg pants is never ending.. I found these:

The look pretty good, the description says they have a 12" flare on them... They also look pretty high waisted...

Ooh...I want a full report when you get 'em!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
DimeADanceQueen said:

those are really cute!!! but alas, the largest waist size is 29"? :eek: sigh.

Rosie

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
I'm never gonna find wide leg pants that fit! :cry:

I've found a mess of wide leg pants that fit, so I KNOW you will.

Maybe Newport News, I haven't been in a while but they tend to carry vintage inspired pieces.

Trixie

One of the Regulars
lindylady said:
I was considering ordering the wide leg sailor pants from Dancestore.com. Has anyone ordered their pants? If so, what's the fit like?

I have a pair of the black ones. You'll have to alter the length if you're under 6 feet tall! Also they're cute but they're made out of shiny, stretchy polyester nylon looking fabric!! So not very authentic and just a little bit cheap looking.

-edited to correct transposed words because my son was talking to me while I was typing

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I bought the Metrostyle pants. Despite the fact that they said the size was my measurements when I got the pants they were too big and looked ridiculous. Well I measured them and the waist was bigger than what the size stated. :rage:

I did buy the 40s Simplicity pattern so I'm going to make or have Grandma make me some in every color of the rainbow.

Daisy Buchanan

ShooShooBaby said:
those are really cute!!! but alas, the largest waist size is 29"? :eek: sigh.

I actually ordered them, and got them in the mail today. DimeADance had recommended this site for shoes, and I ended up ordering a few cute dresses and the wide leg sailor pants. The pants are great looking, however they do run small:( I can usually wear a juniors size 12, and that is the largest size in these pants that they offer. I wish I had looked at the measurements, for the waist is small (at least on my body it is:() I checked at the website for the measurements and they said the waist was a 29 which would have been a bit snug, but would be fine if I wear spanx underneath them. But, I measured them and the waist is just a tiny bit over a 27:mad: So, they do run very small. The style of them is really great. The fabric seems to be like a rayon, I'll have to check out the tag. I like them so much, I'm so frustrated that they are small. But I'm gonna hold onto them, for I'm hoping I lose a few pounds and can eventually get into them. Also, they are incredibly long and the legs are wider than they typical wide leg pants. I have to bring them to the tailor to get shortened, my sewing skills just aren't up to par yet. I'm hoping that maybe he can take some of the extra fabric from the bottom that he cuts off and add it to the waist, possibly by the side seam so it won't be too noticeable. They fit great every where else, and they do have a great vintagey look to them. It's one of those things that I love them so much, I'm willing to try and get a bit creative so I can wear them...

I got a very cute shirtwaist dress from the same store. It's really vintage looking, and I also got a couple of cinch belts with flower clasps, that are really cute:) So thanks again DimeADance for the great recommendation:D

On another note, I did a search on Yahoo for "sailor style wide leg pants" and I came up with these from J. Marco
They are a cotton spandex blend and have flap pockets on the back. They also aren't very high waisted, although they aren't as low as a lot of other pants I've been seeing. I got them in navy, but they are dark enough to pass for black in most lights. They fit true to size and are very comfortable:)
Here's a picture of the ones they are offering now. I think these might be a bit different than the ones I got. When I bought mine they didn't have them in black. But, they do look very similar. This store also has some very pretty summer dresses.
CB0430.jpg

Kimberly

Practically Family
I love the way wide legged pants look on me. I have a very small frame and am petite which makes my waist appear short. By having the high waisted wide leg pants coupled with a fitted tucked in top and bolero type jacket, it helps to make my waist appear smaller and balance out my sillouette. I don't like the way they make my butt look though. :rolleyes:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The only way I have found WLPs that fit me (without being so 'hip hugger' :rage: ) is from patterns. I HATE the below belly button cut if modern ones. You hike them up, and you cant walk :eek: they cut you in two. Its just tough fining any pants that fit at the natural waist.

I wish you all luck, ladies, as I will need it too. I am venturing into slacks soon with my sewing machine. I hope I make them good.

LD

Miss_Bella_Hell

Daisy Buchanan said:
(snip)
I got a very cute shirtwaist dress from the same store. It's really vintage looking, and I also got a couple of cinch belts with flower clasps, that are really cute:) So thanks again DimeADance for the great recommendation:D

Daisy, could you link to the belts? I've been looking for some and can't find 'em on the site!! Thanks

lindylady

A-List Customer
Lady Day said:
The only way I have found WLPs that fit me (without being so 'hip hugger' :rage: ) is from patterns. I HATE the below belly button cut if modern ones. You hike them up, and you cant walk :eek: they cut you in two. Its just tough fining any pants that fit at the natural waist.

I wish you all luck, ladies, as I will need it too. I am venturing into slacks soon with my sewing machine. I hope I make them good.

LD

I know what you mean about wide leg pants today, Lady Day. They just aren't made well enough. High waist today means it stops just below your belly button. Designers are even making "mature" women's pants according to this new standard :eek: Can you imagine your grandmother walking around downtown in low rise pants?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters