Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic wide leg pants?

JazzBaby

Practically Family
I have the most gorgeous black wide leg trousers that I bought in a store here in Galway (and I work there so I got a discount too!). They have a high waist too and they fit like a dream. Sadly it's an Irish chain store so I doubt they'll have them anywhere else, although I think I heard somewhere that our stock is available in Selfriges in the UK... Anyway the label is called 'Precious', and they really are the nicest pair of black trousers I've ever had!

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
Daisy Buchanan said:
really cute:) So thanks again DimeADance for the great recommendation:D

No problem Daisy! I'm glad you liked it. I'm going to go place on the J. Marco site, those are really adorable pants you found there. I've a big hang-up for the button side as of late. :eek:fftopic: I got the red suede platforms! They are so comfortable. They have a cushioned insole and they are well weighted so you feel very balanced walking. About 4/12" high total. The peep is a proper peep so you just barely see the tips of two toes. And the red is great shade. Not to bright and not too much on the purple side. I'm debating another two pairs, b/c they are on sale. lol

PS

A-List Customer
I just bought a pair a few weeks ago on Target.com
they are the Mossimo Wide Leg Doby pants. The fabric is so lovely, they are as silky as can be. They come a bit above my belly button but being short I don't know if that makes them high waist ed enough for everyone else, but for the 24 bucks they are just lovely!

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
I bought these at Forever 21 and I love them!
http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=btms_pants&product_id=2054137698&Page=2

And I am waiting for these to arrive at my local Macy's in black, but they have a great feel:

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=335399&CategoryID=170&LinkType=EverGreen

And lastly, I have bought these same pants last year and I love them as well:

http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/br...od730195&parentId=cat60078&subcatId=cat790004

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
The pants seemed to run pretty true to size. The waist was a little snug, but that's because I ordered it a size smaller than my quoted size on the chart (usually the things I order from online run bigger than stated)

Cricket

Practically Family
Lauren said:
I got these from Newport News and love them to pieces.

I also just ordered these and these, but I'm waiting for them to get here. There's lots more wide leg pants on their site as well.

I found some like the jeans that you ordered at a local store in town for only $5. I love them. They are so comfortable and they go with anything.

I am dying to match them with a soft cardigan for the chilly nights coming up.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lauren said:
The pants seemed to run pretty true to size. The waist was a little snug, but that's because I ordered it a size smaller than my quoted size on the chart (usually the things I order from online run bigger than stated)

Yes, usually I order on the smaller side. I'll order regular size instead. Glad I asked. ;)

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Lauren said:
I got these from Newport News and love them to pieces.

I also just ordered these and these, but I'm waiting for them to get here. There's lots more wide leg pants on their site as well.

Isn't Newport News amazing? Last season they had some really adorable burgundy-colored pumps with a ribbon closing, but they were discontinued before I could grab them :(

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Just found these at Metrostyle! I wish they came in more colors..(they were out of the others in my size)..but they have a lot of cute stuff on the site AND there is a promocode on the main page that gives you 40% off one item! So they only cost 20 bucks including shipping! Hooray!!!

newpants.jpg

nico demouse

Familiar Face
Has anyone purchased these wide leg pants from Newport News? I'm thinking about them and just wondered if anyone had any feedback before I buy.

If you were just starting to build a vintage wardrobe, what color or colors would you buy? I'm assuming black would be a basic first choice. For a second pair, would you get another pair of black or a different color? Khaki colored pants seem to be ubiquitous now, but would that color have been worn in the past?

crwritt

One Too Many
I would love to see any of these wide legged pants on a model who was standing normally, not in an awkward, weird position with her feet placed three feet apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters