Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic wide leg pants?

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
any UK gals with lots of cash might want to have a look at Margaret Howell's stuff.

make sure you're sitting down before you look at the price though.

marghowell.jpg

http://www.margarethowell.co.uk/

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jitterbugdoll said:
I received these pants yesterday and I absolutely love them! They fit perfectly, look smashing, and are comfortable to boot ;) The seller, Miss*Bombshell, was very accomodating and reasonably priced ($80 for the best fitting/flattering pants I have every owned.) I am so satisified with these (along with the overalls I ordered from her earlier) that I am having her make two more pairs of the pants, along with a custom outfit for a special event out here. I think I may pick up a pair of the sailor jeans that she makes (and Miss Dottie is wearing--too cute!) So, if you are looking for the perfect pant, these are it!

I know this is kind of an older post, but I've been trying to locate this ebay seller, I found a store under her name, but there are no items for sale, and no info as to what she might make. Could you please let me know how I can get in contact with her to get some pants made:) How did you see exactly what she has to offer?

Shearer

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
Okay so the Dance Store pants are low rise. Boo!

But it's okay because I bought these Metro Style ones:

0822_53529_mm.jpg

They are on clearance for $9.99! $10 Club! Can't beat that! I got apricot and green multi (which after looking at a larger photo I might send back as they look like fatigues).

Hello, new pants! Thanks, Dahlia! ;)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Daisy Buchanan said:
I know this is kind of an older post, but I've been trying to locate this ebay seller, I found a store under her name, but there are no items for sale, and no info as to what she might make. Could you please let me know how I can get in contact with her to get some pants made:) How did you see exactly what she has to offer?

Daisy, just keep checking back as she doesn't have her stuff constantly for sale (probably to give herself a break from sewing!) but when she's got her stuff up you can then request to have it made in a different size to the listing.

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
Hrm, I'm not seeing those Metro style pants on the dancestore.com website. Did you guys buy up the last ones?

Great site by the way, thanks for posting it.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fleur De Guerre said:
Daisy, just keep checking back as she doesn't have her stuff constantly for sale (probably to give herself a break from sewing!) but when she's got her stuff up you can then request to have it made in a different size to the listing.
Thank You Fleur!:)

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Daisy Buchanan said:

Try contacting her via eBay--she usually answers that email address in a timely manner. She is always willing to do a project, even if she doesn't have the item (or any items) currently listed on eBay.

I recently had her make my USO outfit based on a photo. I was very pleased with the top, but didn't care for the fabric she chose for the bottoms (it was too thin)--so, I suggest being very specific when picking out fabric for your pants (though the fabric she chose for my pants was quite nice.)

This is the picture I showed her:
42_05_atease.jpg

And this is the finished outfit. The shorts were very similar in fit to the wide-leg pants; she may have used the same pattern:
47b7dd39b3127cce82b7f3ad670000000015108AatmbRq2ctP

Shearer

Practically Family
exquisitebones, I had the same problem. When I actually went to order the pants my size was cleaned out. Black and camel petites were ALL gone from like size 4 to 14 :(

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
I think Chadwick's is a little nicer quality than MetroStyle. MetroStyle used to be Lerner, and Lerner's stores are now New York and Company. Does that make sense? Lerner deals with catalogs only, and New York and Company took over the stores. I think the pants are pretty much the same from Metro to NY & Co.

Honey Doll

Practically Family
I have a couple pairs of Chadwick's crepe palazzo pants. They really are quite nice for the price. My only complaint is that the rise is a bit higher than I like.

Has anyone had a pair from Shady Lady? I'm looking at these

http://www.shadyladyclothing.com/pinuppant.html

They seem quite nice for the money, but I sent an email inquiring probably a week ago and haven't heard back. Any one have any experience with this store?

Honey Doll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo