Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clean Jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Scooter

One of the Regulars
71hpoG1YpGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Why Bavarians still don't like us "East-Germans" that much?

Because we got democracy since 1990 and they never had the chance to experience that... ;)

Incongruities - not jokes, but observations from around my town.

The Dayton International Airport is located in Vandalia, OH.

The Cincinnati International Airport is in Kentucky.

We have an office downtown housing the Otis Elevator Company. It's in a one-storey building.

There was once a sign on I-75 South Between Dayton and Cincinnati that stated: "Metric signs next hundred miles."

Several years ago, a major fire gutted St. Joseph's Hall, the original structure to house the University of Dayton. In covering the history of the structure, the Dayton Daily News let us know it was designed using the metric system and was "ahead of its time." In the next paragraph, they proceeded to relay a detailed breakdown of how many square feet the building encompassed.

LostInTyme

A-List Customer
Once upon a time I saw a cartoon depicting several people standing at the return counter of the Federal government. Each person was holding feet. The guy behind the counter had a box of analog meters. The caption read, "Trading feet for meters"., It loses some in the telliing here, but it really was quite funny for its time, when the USA was seriously considering going over to the metric system.

I'm still trying to figure out why hot dogs are sold in packs of 10 and buns are sold in packs of 8.
Someone tried to explain this to me once, but it was so modern-day dumb that I've forgotten the details. Basically, it all comes down to the traditional ways each of them are made--the sausage casings are long enough for ten sausages/hot dogs. And, for some reason, the buns are made in groups of eight; I think because decades/centuries ago the ovens were smaller so they could only bake eight at one time. Something like that, anyway.

But, yeah, it sucks 'cause we have to buy 10 packs of buns and eight packs of dogs just to even everything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ