Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleaning a sweatband

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Does anybody recommend cleaning leather sweatband on Borsalino or Akubra Fed Deluxe IV with Lexol or Bick 4?[huh]

I use Bick 4 on my exotic Leather boots and Lexol on my other boots.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
If it's dirty, wipe the sweatband down with a little warm water, then dry it off. A new hat's sweatband shouldn't need any conditioner.

carter

I'll Lock Up
GWD said:
Thanks Carter, I just had a flashback! :rage:

Here is the thread with the ill fated Whippet.
Not the best way to start a morning, I know. ;)
Have you. by chance, posted any pictures of that Whippet after it's trip to Optimo?

GWD

One Too Many
carter said:
Not the best way to start a morning, I know. ;)
Have you. by chance, posted any pictures of that Whippet after it's trip to Optimo?

I don't think I did. It's in my collection as the Med Brown Whippet. I'd post it here but I can't from this computer.

Ande1964

Practically Family
I know Lexol will occasionally react badly with a old sweat, but it works wonders on far more than it ruins. If the sweat is in pretty good shape, and you just want to clean and moisten it a bit, I think Lexol is a great choice. I use it all the time.

I've probably used Lexol on 20-30 sweats, and have only had one bad experience. That problem occurred on a sweat I knew was in bad shape... it was worth the risk.

Anj

GWD

One Too Many
Ande1964 said:
I know Lexol will occasionally react badly with a old sweat, but it works wonders on far more than it ruins. If the sweat is in pretty good shape, and you just want to clean and moisten it a bit, I think Lexol is a great choice. I use it all the time.

I've probably used Lexol on 20-30 sweats, and have only had one bad experience. That problem occurred on a sweat I knew was in bad shape... it was worth the risk.

Anj

I agree Ande, I've continued to use it on older sweats with no problems, but I alway test a small area just to be sure. :)

GWD

One Too Many
Before and After Optimo repair and cleaning

As per Carter's request.

Before:

web.jpg

After:

web.jpg
web.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members