Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Closet cleanout/education funding sale!

anon`

One Too Many
Hopefully some of this stuff moves!

So, here's the deal: I've run out of room in my closet, and have come to terms with the fact that I've got several articles of clothing that I simply do not wear often enough to justify keeping. Also, I'll be heading back into the meat grinder of academia in August, and have to come up with some way to pay for laptop between now and then... I'm hoping this will help offset that cost!

I've got six suits of varying condition up for consideration, about as many pairs of trousers and possibly even a couple hats and some other miscellaneous bits. All prices given include CONUS shipping, and I'm willing to consider offers, so please don't hesitate to drop me a line if you see something you like at a price you don't! Paypal or money orders are fine; cash accepted but sent at your own risk!

Regarding pictures: I'm ill-equipped for taking them, and am therefore only taking one general shot for each item to start, unless some aspect of the garment needs more. If you'd like to see something in greater detail, let me know and I'll try to capture it for you.

All measurements taken with garment laying flat, and doubled where appropriate.

First up, suits:

DSCN4263.JPG

By Society Brand. Very much in the style of the bold look, complete with 1939 union label. No flaws. Fantastic suit in a nice, heavy fabric, with a fuzzy almost flannel-like finish.
Jacket: 20" across the shoulders, 44" chest, 41" waist and 45" skirt
Trousers: 36" waist (+3" selvage), 42.5" outseam, 30" inseam
Jacket was about a 46 when I bought this suit, and all the fabric is still there to let it back out.
$225

DSCN4265.JPG

By Goddard Bros (whoever they are!). 1939 union label, no flaws. You can't see it in this picture, but this is a three-button jacket with lots of roll. The top button is obscured by same.
Jacket: 19" shoulders, 42/40/46 chest/waist skirt. No selvage to speak of.
Trousers: 34/43/31.5 waist/outseam/inseam. A little over 1" selvage in waist a little under than in leg.
$175

DSCN4262.JPG

No maker label, 1939 union tag.
Straightforward DB blue-grey suit. Picture makes it look a fair bit more blue than it is; the actual article has an awful lot of grey in it.
Jacket: 19" shoulders, 41/38/41 chest/waist/skirt.
Trousers: 31/41.5/31.5 waist/outseam/inseam. +3" selvage in waist, +1.5" in cuff.
$125

DSCN4261.JPG

By Montague-Burton. Fully lined, I have no idea how to date this suit. I blame the English ;)
It's a nice, blue-with-hint-of-grey colour, in was looks like make a micro-nailhead or similar pattern. Two moth chews on the right lapel, however =/
Jacket: 17" shoulders, 40/37/41 chest/waist/skirt
Trousers: 34/43/33 waist/outseam/inseam
$50

Hope someone finds something interesting here! More to come...

anon`

One Too Many
Part two: Trousers

Pretty straightforward. I put these up here in case any of your have a need for trousers before I ship them off to Goodwill. These are all modern trousers, mostly coming off the rack at 36-38" waist; a couple might be a little larger. Because of that, I'll let off on the detailed description and measurements to start. If you'd like additional details, just ask and I'll get them for you!
$25 a pair, $20 is you buy more than one.

DSCN4272.JPG

I think these all belonged to a suit in a past life.

DSCN4275.JPG

Left pair is a greyish-brown and feels like it might be a microfibre of some sort. Right pair is actually an olive-coloured herringbone, in silk.

DSCN4276.JPG

Grey flannel trousers on the left are SOLD! The right is another suit refugee, I think. It's a navy nailhead.

DSCN4277.JPG

J Peterman tweedy trousers they had a few years back on the left. Right is another olive-coloured pair of trousers.

anon`

One Too Many
Part Three: Miscellaneous Stuff.

Odd bits that I wouldn't miss if they sold. Not going to bother with pics, unless someone is interested.

-Allen Edmonds Fairgate, 9.5EEE, in black (open lace captoes). They've been resoled once, have have rubber half-soles on them now. $50
-Ribbon-less black homburg of uncertain heritage. That means that I don't know who made it, and it doesn't have the ribbon. Felt feels like there's an awful lot of rabbit or possibly even wool in it. Labels have long since fallen out, but it's about a 7 1/8. $40

Also considering selling a Stetson bowler (black, 7 1/4). PM if you're interested in that one.

Cheers! Hope someone finds something they like :)

anon`

One Too Many
First bump & update.
Removed images and descriptions of sold items.
Any trousers left by next Sunday are off to Goodwill.

Also for sale: J Peterman Victoria Falls jacket (size 46) and Stetson Whippet, grey-on-grey (size 7 3/8).
Pictures and commentary to follow later today or tomorrow.

anon`

One Too Many
All PMs replied to.

Per LuckyKat's request, the AEs:
DSCN4290.JPG

Also, the Whippet. The picture is fuzzy, but it's the most true to the hat's actual colours, so that's the one you get :)
DSCN4192.JPG

DSCN4189.JPG

$180 for the lid, $200 for the lid + box.

J Peterman Victoria Falls jacket:
DSCN4309.JPG
DSCN4310.JPG

$55. SALE PENDING

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21