Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cocktail Cabinets

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That's more like it FG...

Nothing as nice as a fully stocked Cocktail cabinet - love the lighting in it too!!

Oooooo, Plymouth Gin and Maraschino...what on earth could be made with that ? ;) And you are a Maker's Mark man!! yay!

A great find, and just a nice size too.:eusa_clap

PS: Love the multi-coloured accupuncture set that comes with it as an alternative therapy to hangovers!! haha.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
FedoraGent said:
I'm trying to date it, and most of the Rivington bars that I have found on the net have been 30s/40s. Does anyone wager a guess because really I have no idea.

FG.

Nice find! :eusa_clap
I'd guess 1950s from the light diffuser and the style of the name plate.

Have you looked into re-wiring the light?

FedoraGent

One Too Many
I already did...

I already did. The light works and was just not plugged in when I did my pictures.

FG.

Absinthe_1900 said:
Nice find! :eusa_clap
I'd guess 1950s from the light diffuser and the style of the name plate.

Have you looked into re-wiring the light?

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Yup, agreed, looks 50s to me. Great fun, and I love the idea of a monthy cocktail party. Tres chic!

I have my Great Grandfather's 30s/40s cocktail cabinet back in NZ. My brother currently is 'looking after it' for me. He'd better be or there'll be trouble!

We may be buying a house soon so I'll have to start looking for one to park up there.

David V

A-List Customer
FedoraGent said:
P1020414.jpg

You may not have all the bar gizmos but you obviously have the important stuff!

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
lolly_loisides said:
Darling Binkie, that is what cocktail cabinets are for. Utterly no point having a cocktail cabinet that only contains scotch, vodka & a bottle of cordial.

Ooh, That's right! I need to get some gum for my cigarette case. Thanks for the reminder.

Lee

"Oh, come on. There are a million cigarette cases out there." - Tommy Kelly
"Yeah, but only one of them has a bullet dent and smells like gum." Johnny Dangerously

docneg

One of the Regulars
FedoraGent, you are right in saying that your aviation bar is "properly populated"--I see Plymouth gin there! Nothing better for a gin and tonic. And hard to come by in my parts.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Selections that are needed still...

docneg said:
FedoraGent, you are right in saying that your aviation bar is "properly populated"--I see Plymouth gin there! Nothing better for a gin and tonic. And hard to come by in my parts.

As I find myself to be a Cocktailian, I figure that there are a couple of things that I am still needing.

1. Herbsaint
2. Creme de Cassis
3. Curacao
4. Anisette
5. Benedictine
6. Brandy
7. Old Tom

FG.

P.S. I'm also going to experiment with making my own Creme de Violette.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Funny you should mention that...

Absinthe_1900 said:
There will be a second variety of Herbsaint for your cabinet later this year...

Funny you should mention that...and that is what I was waiting for. There will be a preview of coming attractions at "Tales of the Cocktail" in New Orleans. And I just might be there.

FG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner