Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cocktail Cabinets

Mojito

One Too Many
Is there a pre-existing thread for this? I've had a search and could find it (under either bar or cabinet), but I have a feeling I've seen one...

I know just about everyone has them, but this is my new baby. It's living at my friend's house until I buy an apartment. She was surprised when it arrived, as it's such a substantial, practical piece - she was expecting something more 'frou-frou', but this even has cutlery drawers. Nice provenance, too - I know the estate it came from. Even her 17 year old son thinks it's the cat's meow:

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00405.jpg

Cocktaildress.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
Imoldfashioned and Lockdowndog, I'd be delighted to mix something up for you! Thank you for the kind remarks - I'm looking at it with the eyes of a delighted parent, so it's nice to know other people like it as well!

I'd love to see other cocktail cabinets/bars of the era - particularly if anyone has some of the more avant-garde designs.

Mixmaster

New in Town
While mine's not as cool...

...here's my cabinet:

DSCN3542.gif

Definately more modest than some, but is fits my small house ;)

Here it is open:

DSCN3546.gif

And just for fun, here's a closeup of some of my vintage barware (and yes, I've used most of it):

DSCN3547.gif

The light doesn't work anymore. I keep forgetting to re-wire it (d'oh!) [huh]
On top of the cabinet I have a copy of "The Pink Elephant Guide to Cocktails", a set of vintage bar utensils, a deck of cards circa 1920's, and a coffee server (yes, I think putting a coffee server on a liquor cabinet is funny - yes, I know, it's a little sad).

-Sherri

Mojito

One Too Many
Love it, Mixmaster - beautifully compact, and a great collection of acessories. I'm looking forward to assembling all my barware (and cocktail books!) in the one place.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Vintage Pop Up Bar

Folks,

I have been waiting for quite some time patiently to find the perfect vintage pop up bar for our home. As some of you know, we hold cocktail parties once a month only consisting of vintage cocktails. Well, we didn't have a bar previously and now we do! I had to share the joy. :) It is by no far perfect, but after we work on it the old girl will be back in action.

P1020400.jpg

P1020401.jpg

P1020402.jpg

P1020403.jpg

P1020404.jpg

P1020405.jpg

P1020406.jpg

P1020408.jpg

FG.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Period...

I'm trying to date it, and most of the Rivington bars that I have found on the net have been 30s/40s. Does anyone wager a guess because really I have no idea.

FG.

texasgirl

One Too Many
That's great! I love all the gadgets and the mirrors.

Here is ours. I'm not sure of the date either? We haven't gotten to use it much though- I guess we need to have a cocktail night :)

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

Decodence

A-List Customer
texasgirl said:
That's great! I love all the gadgets and the mirrors.

Here is ours. I'm not sure of the date either? We haven't gotten to use it much though- I guess we need to have a cocktail night :)
That's a beaut.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It's the cat's pyjamas my friend!!

And I love the etched glass/mirrors...wow!! I'm keeping a lookie out too. Also been scanning the airways for a vintage cocktail shaker (mine is just too modern). Those Church parties are just going to get better-and-better.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
You're invited to our next cocktail party...

You're in OC? Therefore, you've invited to the next cocktail party. PM me your email addy and I'll add you to the invite list.

FG.

GWD said:
That is the coolest thing ever! I have to get one now! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Frankie Lamb

One of the Regulars
Good news, bad news...

The good news is, that's the coolest, or rather, in a term appropriate to the era, "Ritziest" thing I've ever seen.
The bad news is, looks like I picked a Hell of a time to quite drinking!
I can just see the ghosts of William Powell and Myrna Loy standing beside it, savoring a VERY DRY martini. ( or was it a Gibson, with two onions? )
The bottom line is, it's found a very good home.
Here's looking at you kid!
Frankie L.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails