Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cologne and perfume

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I'll give those a try, thanks for the FYI Gregg.
NP
You CAN pay $100 dollars for each one, but why?
Amazon is a great place to start to prevent paying those kinds of prices.
Expensive but worth it (their bayrhum has a whole bay leaf in the aftershave).
Also, I think I found the Lyme bar soap at Classicshaving.com
It was $11 dollars but the bar is really big, and I'm on the same one now for 3 months at least.
While the scent is strong at first, it fades out during the day.
Hence the layering of the soap, and aftershave.
Oh, the shave soap I have is Geo F. Trumpers Lymes.

Last edited:

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
I just discovered this from St Johns (the Bay Rum people) called Indian Cold:

This is a friendly uncle of a scent, a much loved relative who makes you smile and gives good hugs. This powdery barbershop scent is a perfect addition to St. John’s traditional lineup of men’s fragrances with their tropical, bay rum legacy and iconic basket-covered bottles. This reminds me of Atkinson’s Royal Briar, Royall Muske and Paul Sebastian as well as a number of similar scents from Caswell Massey, Trumpers, etc. only better. Indian Gold is definitely old school but decidedly manly—in fact it is gentlemanly. With bergamot and lavender in the top notes and woody heart notes underpinned by vanilla and musk, this almost seems like something that Guerlain might have put out over the years (a denser Habit Rouge?) but it is unmistakably a scent that would be at home at the fragrance counters of the fine traditional men’s stores that every American town once had and are now a rare commodity. The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit could have worn this and Don Draper might have worn this, if he was a nicer person.
Indian_Gold_zps0pe1q9yr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

alexeberlin

New in Town
I've used a few, including Tabac, but now I stick to one of the classic Trumper's. It is distinctive, very English ( which appeals) and I don't know anyone else that uses it.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I've used a few, including Tabac, but now I stick to one of the classic Trumper's. It is distinctive, very English ( which appeals) and I don't know anyone else that uses it.
Me, but I don't live in your town. :D
Trumper's has some wonderful products, that I keep ordering year after year.
Although I do like DR Harris Marlborough shave soap with the aftershave.
To make the AS or cologne last longer, I use a non-scented lotion and mix the products together.
Then I've made myself a shave balm, which works great for scents that tend to fade early in the day, such as Royal Lyme. ;)

alexeberlin

New in Town
Me, but I don't live in your town. :D
Trumper's has some wonderful products, that I keep ordering year after year.
Although I do like DR Harris Marlborough shave soap with the aftershave.
To make the AS or cologne last longer, I use a non-scented lotion and mix the products together.
Then I've made myself a shave balm, which works great for scents that tend to fade early in the day, such as Royal Lyme. ;)
You have taste :cool: I would buy a Bay Rum with Lime fragrance, but they don't ship to the UK

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
You have taste :cool: I would buy a Bay Rum with Lime fragrance, but they don't ship to the UK
Thanks.
Royall has some good products, which is where I get my Lyme aftershave.
Amazon both US and UK sell many of their products, but to get a good description look up a particular scent and type in "reviews."
Their bay rum actually has a bay leaf in the bottle (from what I remember) and it's really nice.
In researching this, I found two colognes I'm now interested in. :D
Czech and Speake Cuba, and Czech and Speake Spanish Cedar.
I'm fond of woodsy scents, leather, and smoke in addition to Lime.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I've been considering Tom Ford's 'Tobacco Vanelle' or 'Tuscan Leather' but they are $220 for the 1.7 ounce! I just bought 'Chanel Bleu de Chanel' and am loving it.

EstherWeis

Vendor
Ohh, my husband wears Bleu de Chanel, I love it. Smells sooo good! He has the aftershave, and the soap too. ( he drew the line when I wanted to buy the deodorant :D )

I either use Chanel Chance or Chanel n 5 eau première.

I tell you, a longlasting remain of "Drakkar Noir" at the collar of your winter-jacket smells fantastic! To me, that's better, than DN itself on your neck. :)

Dirk Wainscotting

A-List Customer
I just re-discovered a bottle of something I thought had disappeared long ago. 'City' by Betrix (under he name Henry M. Betrix). It was an aftershave from 1979 with a rich vetiver, sandalwood, leather under citrus.

It's a vintage bottle. Bought for a euro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko