Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Color choice dilemma!

The Fedorable

One of the Regulars
When you're looking into buying a new hat and you run into two colors that you find to your liking, how do you go about deciding which one to get (first)?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I choose the hat color that best compliments my skin tone. The wrong color can make one's face look drawn and sickly.

DougC

Practically Family
I'm with you on the Silver Belly. OR brown. Those are great colors because I get less flack for buying a hat if it looks like all the others...:)

The Fedorable

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the thoughts and tips everyone!

I already do own a grey center dent fedora. I'm getting another one, and I'm going back and forth with either a black or pecan teardrop crown next.

I already do own a grey center dent fedora. I'm getting another one, and I'm going back and forth with either a black or pecan teardrop crown next.

I'd go pecan. Own 2 already & wear them often, very versatile color. Wear it mainly with jeans or khakis. Have 1 black hat, wear it infrequently. Good to have a black hat but not necessary. IMHO

VTporkpie

Familiar Face

I'd go for the pecan. Like others have said, brown is more casual and can be worn more often. My first felt hat was a black one and unfortunately gets worn infrequently.

Gool luck with your purchase!

The Fedorable

One of the Regulars
I'd go pecan. Own 2 already & wear them often, very versatile color. Wear it mainly with jeans or khakis. Have 1 black hat, wear it infrequently. Good to have a black hat but not necessary. IMHO

Oh, okay. Thanks! I think I've alraedy my decision, and I'm going with the pecan.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda