Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Colors for Blondes

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
There are many violet/blue shampoos out... check around. Violet would probably be the better choice for you.

Jitterbug those were fabulous examples! I must say, I usually have to do a double take and make sure they're not pics of you, lol!
I do think the "Barbie" pink looks great on blondes, esp. with black.. afterall, it's Barbie's signature color and it looks good on her, right? Ha!
I also meant to say that JB you look fab in that minty/juniper sweater coat and hat on your myspace page... just lovely!

Sometimes if any of you feel washed out by wearing a certain color, just darken your brows a bit. Does wonders!

Nikki

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
ohairas said:
There are many violet/blue shampoos out... check around. Violet would probably be the better choice for you.

Jitterbug those were fabulous examples! I must say, I usually have to do a double take and make sure they're not pics of you, lol!
I do think the "Barbie" pink looks great on blondes, esp. with black.. afterall, it's Barbie's signature color and it looks good on her, right? Ha!
I also meant to say that JB you look fab in that minty/juniper sweater coat and hat on your myspace page... just lovely!

Sometimes if any of you feel washed out by wearing a certain color, just darken your brows a bit. Does wonders!

Nikki

Thank you, Nikki--your comment really made my day! :eek:

I agree that defining your brows and always choosing a nice, bright lipstick both do wonders for preventing blondes from looking washed out.

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
I'm a med golden blonde in the winter and go lighter in the summer. The sun has always bleached out my hair. I don't color my hair, I just nature have it's way. I'm not as fair as JBD, I have a ruddier skin and jade green eyes. I can wear most colors as long as they aren't muddy or greyed down. I can wear pumpkin orange and do in the fall. I get the most compliments when I wear ivory, pink, orange and all the fall colors. I do wear alot of black. Always have. It's very dramatic on most blondes. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick. Most lipsticks turn blueish on me for some reason. I use rose and brownish rose blush most of the time. I use raisin tones of lipstick and blush when I wear black. I like the drama.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LolitaHaze said:
Yes, brassiness is that yellow/orange hue that stinks. Go to a hair store an pick up a bottle of Shimmer Lights by Clairol, it's a violet shampoo. It works wonders, but the only down side is that in my opinion it smells like flea dip for dogs.
lol That is so funny, I LOVE the scent of Shimmer Lights! But maybe it is the olfactory memory thing and reminds me of being on vacation and having sunstreaks in my hair and using Shimmer Lights, the scent was my favorite part about using Shimmer Lights. Just goes to show why I hate most of the current perfumes out there now ;) (Now of course I use the red version of Shimmer Lights. It has a subdued scent :()

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the great tips!
My goal is to have my hair as light as Jitterbugs and Lolita...you gals look SO great!
barbie; lol funny you mention that! I was getting really frustrated with trying to come up with make-up that complimented my skin tone and such that resorted to looking at my girls dolls. This is actually good for me though. I'm NOT a detail oriented person at all! So, studying colors that go together is a big help!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I've come to the conclusion that pink is just not my color! I've bought about 5 different shades and NONE look right on me. Brown-based colors seem to be the most complimentary. For any other blonde who's looking for a great lip gloss, I absolutely love the color of this; Cover Girl Wetslicks in mauvelicious.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I couldn't find the right kind of shampoo at any of the grocery stores in town, so I finally made the trip to Sally's and found some by L'oreal (which...:eusa_doh: should of done in the first place!) the stuff works great! it even took away some of the brassiness that was starting to develop:eusa_clap

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
favorite cosmetics

lipsticks;
Mary Kay; pink pout lip gloss (this looks a bit scary cause in the tube the gloss looks purple)
Mary Kay; redwood (a very nice brick-red lipstick; also great for redheads)
Palladio (found at Sally Beauty Supplies); geranium
eyeshadows;
revlon colorstay powder eyeshadow-spice (this too looks great on redheads and the shadow is super easy to blend)
eyeliner;
L.A. Colors liquid eyeliner; black
maybelline lineworks (I really like they're purple color)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass