Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Colors

Cookster

New in Town
I don't have a hatter in my area and sometimes photos are deceptive. Can anyone explain to me the difference between the color 'Mink' and ordinary 'Brown' (as in Chocolate Brown). Also, my head measurement is just over 22 3/8 inches or 57 cm -- should I order a 7 1/8 hat? Is there any stretch over time to a new hat like a Premiere Stratoliner? Is 7 1/8 made to fit up to 22 5/8 inches or is it better to just go to 7 1/4? Thanks everybody -- I live in Canada and I'm trying to avoid sending hats back and forth because I don't know these simple things about hats yet.

makitright

One of the Regulars
Mink is just Stetson's color name for chocolate brown - I have a vintage "mink" and yes it is chocolate brown.

Always get the bigger size - fedoras rarely stretch - if fact they are more apt to shrink if they are subject to any moisture/humidity from wearing them and then stored without a hat block device to maintain its size. If it is slightly too big you can always use something behind the sweatband (folded paper towel, foam size reducer) to reduce its size - you have less options if it is too small.

Good luck.

tommyK

One Too Many
Do not order a size up in the new Premiere Stratoliner. They are already on the big side. Order your proper size and expect it to be loose. I have 2 and already made this mistake.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Could be the "same" but can be different. At first sight it may look the same but on close inspection and comparing one to other they light be... a lil' bit different.
2 brown Resistol Stagecoaches, one more reddish than the other.
stageJG06.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum