Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Comfortable and healthier high heels

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Boo! :mad: Part of the fun in wearing 4in, 5in, and 6in (no platforms) heels is the pain that goes with them and then acting like it is the most comfortable thing ever! Maybe it is the fetishist in me, but I like wearing extreme heels because I know that others won't... yes, they hurt, but, " Sandy, Beauty is Pain!"

Owwwww!!!

Etienne

A-List Customer
OWWWWW

I grew up wearing high heels (almost all day)--though 3 1/2" was my max!! But I have paid the price for my vanity and conformity to the ideals of the times; I just had my second back fusion and will have a third surgery (on my cervical spine) in April. The extreme misalignment that wearing such shoes causes the back muscles and vertebrae to experience produces enormous pressure. Eventually, the body wins out and screams for help! I now have 8 screws and rods in my lumber spine, cadaver implants, and a lot less flexibility. It also adversely affects posture where the head and neck are concerned, as I can attest to. Yes, I am older than a lot of you! (We were not even allowed to wear pants to football games when I was in private high school! We wore high heels and skirts to climb the bleachers!!) For me the damage is done, but I still welcome the technology that this article refers to. Women will always love to look fashionable and attractive and, if these help even one woman, they're worth it!

lindylady

A-List Customer
I think I'll swing by CVS after class today and see if they have 'em in stock. Not that I will be able to wear high heels 24/7 now, but maybe the inserts will let me tolerate heels for a little more than 30 minutes.

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
I will certainly give these a try, but what is a CSV store? I clicked on the link and just got stock market info and whatnot.

I have rather recently gotten into wearing heels, I enjoy the look, but I don't need the discomfort.

G

GoldLeaf

Wow, thanks for the link, that is awseome! I have had bunions my whole life and have been told I can't wear heels after having one corrected. I just can't help myself, I wear them anyway. This may really help! Thanks!

Oh, and Lolita, CVS is a chain of drugstores. http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/cvsmain

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
Thanks Ms. Polka Dot! Here's part of the description:
"For all heels (pumps, sandals, sling backs, boots or wedges), weight shift, women's, science. We are NOT: For flats, cushioning, men's, fiction."

They are not fiction eh? Well, that's a relief...[huh]

Miss Match

New in Town
Tough Cookie said:
Thanks Ms. Polka Dot! Here's part of the description:
"For all heels (pumps, sandals, sling backs, boots or wedges), weight shift, women's, science. We are NOT: For flats, cushioning, men's, fiction."

They are not fiction eh? Well, that's a relief...[huh]

Darn. I really could use some insoles for when I try and wear fiction on my feet. Your average paperback just doesn't have the right support. lol

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Ooh, I'll have to check those out! I fractured a bone in my foot from wearing heels last year (they were 1 inch heels -- lets just say that the anatomy of my extremely flat feet makes it very easy for me to destroy them!), so I hope these work. I've gotten back into heels a lot again, and I feel like I'm testing my fate every time. I hope these insoles work!

G

GoldLeaf

Etienne said:
Welcome, GoldLeaf! I love your avatar!!! Is it you??!

Etienne,
Thank you very much for the welcome! I have been lurking for so long that I feel like I know you all already :D

And yes, that is me in my avatar. Thank you kindly for your compliment! That was my first attempt at something vintage with my hair. The common conundrum of growing out layers. A previous thread mentioned combs, and they have made my life so much easier :) You made my day, I feel like I might be getting a hang of my new look :D

Laraquan

Familiar Face
I bet they're not comfortable. They're probably just *more* comfortable. I don't think I can bring myself to believe that high heels could ever rival a pair of sneakers, good-quality hiking boots or fuzzy slippers when it comes to sheer comfort. Beautiful they may be, but comfortable?

Martina

One of the Regulars
Hello!

Hello! I have a question....
Has anyone actually bought these inserts? Are they available right now? We have a CVS not that far from me and if they are available, I would pick myself up some AND get a few extras for anyone on here that would like them and doesn't have a CVS near them. I'm heading out to where the store is next Monday.

I would LOVE something that would help me wear heels again! I used to wear them faithfully but time, age and heredity have made my knees and back such a mess that even the THOUGHT of heels makes me queezy!

I have to confess... even if they work, I won't be wearing any 5" heels anytime soon... no need in looking like the Leaning Tower of Pizza if I don't have too ;)

Let me know if any of you would like me to pick some of these up for you!
~Martina~ I swear, I'm working on an avatar!

Eleanor Marie

One of the Regulars
I want some!

Ok ladies, how do we get them to the UK?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I need something like this as I am still having difficulty coping with anything over 2" in height - years of wearing 'DocMartens' for years as a 'Goth' never taught me how to wear heels like other girls!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy