Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool (But Sold) eBay Stuff

slicedbread

A-List Customer
An overcoat I got a couple of days ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110186090231

ocoat1.jpg

Check out that back!

ocoat3.jpg

I love the style of these military overcoats, but don't quite like all the patches and such...Makes me feel like a poser...Thoughts on them anyone?

ocoat5.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
midnight rambler

I am on the lookout but the bartenders don't want 'em posted in the classifieds. The want everyone to find 'em the hard way...

Mike Hammer

New in Town
slicedbread said:
I love the style of these military overcoats, but don't quite like all the patches and such...Makes me feel like a poser...Thoughts on them anyone?

ocoat5.jpg
Very nice indeed. Obviously private purchase of course. Very unique, very stylish. Nice bullion captain's railroad tracks, too. I'd leave them alone, they are a part of the history of the garment.
BTW......that price you paid....next time, use a gun.;) You stole that. I've seen people get more than that for issue enlisted coats with plastic buttons.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Montague Burton

I recently nearly shoulda bought a full heavyweight MB tux that had a few moth holes that were big and right in front on the breast. Was I wrong not to by it at AUD25 buks and was it worth reweaving?

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
cookie said:
I recently nearly shoulda bought a full heavyweight MB tux that had a few moth holes that were big and right in front on the breast. Was I wrong not to by it at AUD25 buks and was it worth reweaving?

Reweaving is expensive and tuxedos and dinner suits are not. I am not sure what a MB is, but unless it is extremely rare, or you really wanted one, I would not regert it. Beautiful vintage tuxedos go begging every day on ebay and in vintage shops.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Baron Kurtz said:
MB is Montagu Burton, and not rare at all.

bk

I once had a macintosh tuxedo in perfect condition. It was sweet and I sold it to some guy in a bar for $150. Good for a tuxedo, but since it was a macintosh, it was cut really sharp and maybe would have been worth a bit to a collector. In fact, my buddy Roberto was bummed when I mentioned it to him as it was his size and we kind of fetishize Macintosh.
Tuxedos are the one vintage thing I rarely bother with, unless it is very old or very cheap. NO one really wants them all that bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot