Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool (But Sold) eBay Stuff

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Just won this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ250502970335

edit: it came! :D

me156.jpg

anon`

One Too Many

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
anon` said:
I was watching that, and was rather disappointed that there was only one last-second bid-up (though mostly because I'm trying to save my pennies and wanted better justification for not bidding on it). The previous listing drew two bids for a total of 99¢. Suffice it to say, the reserve was not met ;)

Yeah, I was thinking of bidding on it. Woulda fit me but something about it didn't look 'right'. It was probably the baggy cut that threw me off.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, but for a pattern, all you really need is a jacket. pants can be any old pants, and a vest can be any old vest. Whoever bought this wanted the suit. maybe they live in Chile and can get repairs done cheap.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
reetpleat said:
Are they Japanese?

No, they're Chilean. The business started out as a tailor shop. Then, early in its history, a tailor accidentally frayed a customer's jacket. Another tailor there --who happened to be Japanese-- took the jacket and rewove the damage beautifully. So impressive was his work that the shop's owner decided then and there to specialize in reweaving, rather than tailoring. More than 80 years later, it is a Chilean institution, used by generations of Santiago residents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou