Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool but sold stuff on Ebay, NOT apparel

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I started this thread just to bemoan the CRUSHING AND HEARTBREAKING defeat I just suffered on The Bay. I was bidding on a beautiful piece of Japanese silk, formerly part of a Kimono. (See my other thread about Taisho silk.) I thought it would look great on the wall, with the other smaller one I did win. Ah, well. Such is life. It sat at $13.50 for days, and as insurance I put in a max bid of about $33.00. I figured that was really as much as I wanted to pay for it. In the last second it got sniped out from under me. Dems da breaks. No regrets. But it's really a gorgeous piece of Asian Art Deco fabric.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270507198836&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT
I just hope it doesn't get cut up for a patch work quilt. Wouldn't it be funny if somebody made ties out of it?

mike

Call Me a Cab
For 15 bucks I am the proud new owner of an original 1916, newspaper advertisement for one of the first action adventure serials starring the screens most famous and death defying heroine.... THE IRON CLAW with Pearl White! The full page ad measures 18" x 23"... so it's almost more of half-sheet rather than newspaper ad...!

Picture1-1.png

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
These glasses made my heart go pit-a-pat, and I’ll admit that I was sorely tempted to participate in the auction for them (and based on the final sale price, it’s entirely possibly I might have prevailed, though there’s no way of knowing that, of course).

In the end, my decision not to bid on them was in small part due to budgetary concerns (sadly, such concerns rarely stop me when I really fall for such a treasure) and in much larger part due to the knowledge that my heart would break in a million pieces if (let’s face it, it’d be when, not if) I dropped and broke one of them.

I just couldn’t face that eventual, inevitable pain, so I passed on bidding. But aren’t they beauties? (Click on the images below for larger versions.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn