Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool Wishes For California

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
Weather Stinks

See I grew up in Chicago... the ol' windy city. New England can get some pretty bad snows. In Chicago we have good ol' Lake Michigan which loves to take a horrible snowstorm once it's passed and blow it back... gotta love the good ol' Lake Effect Snow. Then I moved to Milwaukee and lived there for 3 years. Winter lasted from November to the middle of May. I left Milwaukee on the 31st of May and I was still wearing a sweatshirt and pants. Snow was pretty bad there as well. Both places had horrible summers as well... Hot and Humid.

Well I was so excited to move to San Diego... All my life all I've heard is how wonderful and perfect the weather is here. What happened? Did I bring my old weather with me? Sure does seem like it... which is fine I guess I survived 28 years in that weather... but am I going to get a chilly fall as well? Ah... fall my favorite time of year... raking leaves, having bonfires, carving pumpkins, looking at all the beautiful colors... warm enough to go without a jacket but cold enough you need a warm sweater or sweatshirt. Plus Halloween! For some reason I think I might have given all that up when I moved here to San Diego though. :(

-JX

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Be careful where you gather snow. Like we used to tell the Scouts, don't eat yellow snow. :eek: :p

Regards,

J

Of course. :) I scoop up sparkling white snow from my front yard right after it has fallen, or even while it's still coming down.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Root's wish!

I wish I may, I wish I might, on the first star I see tonight, that the air be cool and not too hot, so I might dress up swell when I go to trot!

The air is hot and not too nice, please put old man Summer on some ice! He's been oh so bad and makes me melt, I miss wearing my nice gray felt.

Summer is a bummer, when dressing to empress. The ladies I know don't like a big sweaty mess!

With this I close my wish tonight, TURN DOWN THE HEAT ALRIGHT!:rage:

Sincerely being a dork and loving it,

=WR= lol

Wild Root said:
I wish I may, I wish I might, on the first star I see tonight, that the air be cool and not too hot, so I might dress up swell when I go to trot!

The air is hot and not too nice, please put old man Summer on some ice! He's been oh so bad and makes me melt, I miss wearing my nice gray felt.

Summer is a bummer, when dressing to empress. The ladies I know don't like a big sweaty mess!

With this I close my wish tonight, TURN DOWN THE HEAT ALRIGHT!:rage:

Sincerely being a dork and loving it,

=WR= lol

Darn you! I need some heat this evening so that my freshly painted pond can dry. :D It already takes a week to cure. You just want me to wait two weeks before I can use it right? :p

Regards,

J

magneto

Practically Family
Wild Root said:

....SNIP...
=WR= lol

The Poet Laureate of the Fedora Lounge! :eusa_clap ;)
Well, here in San Franstinko, I just came home wearing 2 sweaters and a jacket! Hopefully those chill breezes are blowing southward!

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I love the heat. It's very therapeutic; it allows all the toxins to leave my body and cleanses the pores. I enjoy going into a dry sauna where it's about 180 degrees and sit there for about 15 minutes.:D

Wild Root

Gone Home
magneto said:
The Poet Laureate of the Fedora Lounge! :eusa_clap ;)
Well, here in San Franstinko, I just came home wearing 2 sweaters and a jacket! Hopefully those chill breezes are blowing southward!

Two sweaters and a Jacket? Why don't you rub it in wile your at it! :rolleyes: lol No cool breezes here, too busy being hot AND sticky! Eew!

Well, they say it's the thought that counts right? Yeah.lol

Oh JP, is it only night time up there or does the sun come out and shine there too? Last time I checked it did... that might help your... thing, dry.

=WR=lol

Wild Root

Gone Home
Lincsong said:
I love the heat. It's very therapeutic; it allows all the toxins to leave my body and cleanses the pores. I enjoy going into a dry sauna where it's about 180 degrees and sit there for about 15 minutes.:D

Ah, who asked ya any ways... you and your "Dry Sauna"... yeah, yeah, Nertz to that!

All in funlol

=WR=

Trickeration

Practically Family
WildRoot-
The kids and I loved your wish!

Daisy Buchanan-
You make me long for New England. We lived there 7 yrs. I even miss the winters. I was a courier there, so once I got the hang of driving during NorEasters/blizzards it was all good. I really miss fall, and picking apples for pies, ooh and cranberry cookies and vintage wooden boat shows in Mystic. Okay, now I'm getting :eek:fftopic: myself.

But seriously, thanks so much for your concern. It's starting to feel like it's never going to cool. A few days ago it was 85 when I went to walk the dog...at 11pm! We have some friends that live in a neighborhood that's been without power since last Friday, and they're not sure when it'll be back on. My son's scoutmaster brought them a generator so they can have a working fridge, run a fan and check the news and stuff. The nice thing has been that people are trying to help each other out when they can. Some other neighborhoods that were without power on just one side of the street actually had extension cords stretched across the road from neighbors houses that did have power. So far we've been lucky, just a few flickers of the lights now and then. Thanks again for caring. Trix

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I am in Texas, so I definitely feel your pain. We had a snap not long ago of 100+ days. On July 20 we went out to dinner and then some shopping - it was still about 96 degrees after 10 PM! Horrible. It finally cooled off for us (gee, tomorrow is only supposed to be 99 and Sunday maybe 101), so I hope it cools down for yall soon! Last year I remember it being 109 in late September, and this year it was over 100 the day after Easter. I remember that specifically because I was at home working in the yard. Ugh.

Fall is truly my favorite season, but I also adore bitter, icy cold weather, and snow - lots of it. Yep, I'm a freak, but I love it. My family is from Massachusetts so I'm plenty familiar with the winter storms. I'll take that any day over sweltering, miserable heat. I am definitely living in the wrong state because I consider anything over 85 degrees to be hell on earth. lol

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PrettySquareGal said:
I adore snow and building snowmen! It also tastes good in a bowl (freshly fallen) with maple syrup. :) Fall and winter are my favorite seasons.
I totally agree!! There's a hot disgusting rain outside right now that I only WISH was snow!

Lincsong said:

I agree. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh heat. Much better than: "I can't feel my fingers or toes." :eek:
Fifteen minutes? Sit there for half an hour and really soak it up. :D

Regards,

J

Wild Root

Gone Home
It's easier to warm up then to cool down! To warm up, one has to put on some more nice vintage clothes:D Too cool down, one has to spend lots of money, burn out A/C units and cause rolling brown outs! I'd much rather warm up by putting on a few blankets then try and sleep in a hot room where the humidity is 80+ and any fan does nothing but blow hot damp air around... Heat isn't so bad, it's the Humidity that kills!!!

=WR=

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
I agree. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh heat. Much better than: "I can't feel my fingers or toes." :eek:
Fifteen minutes? Sit there for half an hour and really soak it up. :D

Regards,

J
It's not recommended to spend more than 15 minutes at any one time. I can just feel the toxins being released when I'm there.:D

Wild Root

Gone Home
jamespowers said:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh humidity. I love it. I hate the cold. :(
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, just had the A/C recharged in the 55 Chevy with R-12. Coooooooll. Nice. ;)

Regards,

J
Talk about a contradiction! You hate the cold but, you just got the A/C fixed in your old truck? And it's nice? You have been out in the heat too long JP, you don't know what you're saying lol

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy