Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool Wishes For California

Wild Root said:
Talk about a contradiction! You hate the cold but, you just got the A/C fixed in your old truck? And it's nice? You have been out in the heat too long JP, you don't know what you're saying lol

=WR=

I am saying go out and get the AC if it bothers you. I had the AC recharged for the pregnant wife. I could care less about the heat but the unit does blow cold air like an arctic wind. BRRRRRRRR. I had to put on a sweater to drive it. :p The AC is in the car not the truck. I drive the truck most of the time.
You need to put AC in the "brick." :D

Regards,

J

Wild Root

Gone Home
jamespowers said:
I am saying go out and get the AC if it bothers you. I had the AC recharged for the pregnant wife. I could care less about the heat but the unit does blow cold air like an arctic wind. BRRRRRRRR. I had to put on a sweater to drive it. :p The AC is in the car not the truck. I drive the truck most of the time.
You need to put AC in the "brick." :D

Regards,

J

A/C in the brick eh? Hahahaha, you don't understand... I don't care if I have A/C in my car, it's my house I need it... and well, I rent and make only so much... A/C isn't cheap, it also costs to use! It would be cheaper to have the weather just cool down to a moderate 80 in the day and cool down to a nice 65 at night... make sense? Surely I'm not asking for TOO much! I can't be the only guy who isn't pro 100 plus heat that has killed like 89 people this year!!!:rolleyes:

=WR=

Wild Root said:
A/C in the brick eh? Hahahaha, you don't understand... I don't care if I have A/C in my car, it's my house I need it... and well, I rent and make only so much... A/C isn't cheap, it also costs to use! It would be cheaper to have the weather just cool down to a moderate 80 in the day and cool down to a nice 65 at night... make sense? Surely I'm not asking for TOO much! I can't be the only guy who isn't pro 100 plus heat that has killed like 89 people this year!!!:rolleyes:

=WR=

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! 100 degrees during the day and 80 at night. It is too cold up here today. :D

Regards,

J

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I was suffering in San Diego this time last week, but had to spare a thought for the poor folks in England who were suffering from 100 degree heat. Now it might not sound much for you folks who mentioned 110+, but England has ridiculously high humidity and no air conditioning anywhere, most cars, shops and public transport have none. Certainly no houses. I didn't even own a fan until this year. What's worse, the un-air-conditioned public transport tends to break down in high heat, leaving people stuck in crowded carriages in boiling tunnels.

Thank goodness for holidays!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's the northeast turn. We've had excessive heat warnings here since Monday afternoon, and we, like England, have really high humidity. Today it's 100 degrees, with the usual expected severe thunderstorm warnings. The rain storms that come through don't do anything to cool things off. It just makes us feel even more sticky. Luckily, we have central air, can't wait to see that electric bill.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Hope all of you in the northeast are doing well with the heat and all. We on the left coast are trying to think cool for you.
lemonade.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Wild Root said:
100 over there is evil! I didn't think it ever got that hot in the UK! Is this a new record for the UK?

Enjoy your stay!

=WR=

I just looked it up, Wednesday 19th was the hottest July day ever recorded in England at 97.3. The hottest day ever on record was 10th August 2003 when it was 101.3. Man. It was unbearable. Today though, it's freezing. We just can't win!

And thanks!

ricki

Familiar Face
Daisy Buchanan said:
It's the northeast turn. We've had excessive heat warnings here since Monday afternoon, and we, like England, have really high humidity. Today it's 100 degrees, with the usual expected severe thunderstorm warnings. The rain storms that come through don't do anything to cool things off. It just makes us feel even more sticky. Luckily, we have central air, can't wait to see that electric bill.

Luckily it's supposed to cool off in Boston starting tomorrow. I can't wait until we're back to our average 80-something degree highs! (As opposed to the 80-something degree lows of the past few days.) I don't have A.C. in my old brownstone and it's been so hard to sleep these past few nights.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Amazingly, refreshingly, wonderfully cool here this morning -- which is very welcome after cracking the 100 mark yesterday. We got absolutely torrential rains early last night -- which came just as I was sampling the cuisine at the annual Maine Lobster Festival. I took refuge in a ticket booth for about half an hour, but still got drenched -- pretty darn refreshing way to end the day, all things considered!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ricki said:
Luckily it's supposed to cool off in Boston starting tomorrow. I can't wait until we're back to our average 80-something degree highs! (As opposed to the 80-something degree lows of the past few days.) I don't have A.C. in my old brownstone and it's been so hard to sleep these past few nights.
Yeah, I hear you. I keep watching the weather channel, they have all of these warnings on for excessive heat and bad thunderstorms.
You are so lucky you live in an old brownstone.... I live in a building that was built in the 80's and although I'm lucky to have central air, it just doesn't have that old Boston charm of a brownstone. Glad to see another person from the Boston area..

Lizzie, so sorry you got drenched!! I heard all the warnings for that storm. The really bad one that moved through Worcester (Wooo-ster) county and was headed straight for us, moved south at the last minute. So, everyone else was getting soaked, and we didn't get a drop of rain.
Did you at least enjoy the lobster fest?? I haven't been to one of those in ages. My family owned a seafood restaurant (well they still do, but some of us have been removed, long scandalous story) and we used to go to all the lobster festivals to show our chowders. Hmmm, do I miss that. Well, at least Hem and I manage to go to Legals at least once a week, but nothing beats the Lobster Pot in Maine. Might just have to go up there, we should meet up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy