Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

costumes made by mothers

wallypop

New in Town
Anyone remember mom sewing a "hero" costume for them?
I had many "zorro types" plus the "Phantom" and "King of the Mounted Police!"

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Anyone remember mom sewing a "hero" costume for them?
I had many "zorro types" plus the "Phantom" and "King of the Mounted Police!"
Haha, yep, I did Zorro one year too. I still remember my mom sowing the cape from an old dracula cape. I think the rest of the costume involved a black sweater, black jeans, and of course cowboy boots. ;) I have no idea WHERE we got the hat.

odma70p.jpg

shadowrider

One of the Regulars
Lol, yes! The last piece I had done was ten years ago (when I was 24), when my now recently-passed grandma sewn me a Dracula cape!

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
In 1982, I won a costume competition as Metal Mickey, a robot character from a sitcom of the same name. Mostly cardboard boxes sprayed silver...... I loved it.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
My mother died when I was a small child, Dad never remarried. But, I have often heard it said that the wife you choose is akin to marrying your mother. Whilst I never had a superhero costume, much later in life my wife did me proud. Not exactly costumes, but themed shirts. Here's a couple, Halloween & Burlesque.

shirts 086.JPG shirts 090.JPG

wallypop

New in Town
one of the "toughest"costumes to make was the "Rocketman" Commando Cody with the pointed "bullet head", rockets on back, and that cool control (up/down/ fast/slow/on/off!
(My Dad managed a pretty good replica tho!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy