Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

I popped in to a local western store and they have a small collection of custom boots on display--so I ask if they are for sale--first thing they say is they're a weird size--like an 11B--just my size haha. So I tried them all on, and most were too tight in the toes, but 2 pair of Rocketbusters fit. The owner said he'd consider selling them so he's thinking about it. I'd say they are older maybe from the first generation or a little newer--perhaps 10-15 years old (but in excellent condition) I seem to recall the inlaid Rocketbusters selling new for a few hundred back in those days--but now they are in the $1400-$2000 range for something similar. So after that long story--any idea what a used pair might be worth? I searched Ebay and there are a lot of high asking prices with unsold results. Many of the completed listings are for newer mfg, and in common sizes, which would attract more biddrs. I just want to be prepared in case he throws a price at me (I'm sure he's researching on his end too :). I have some numbers in mind but would love to hear opinions from others more experienced in the game than I.
Thanks!

eBay prices on Rocketbuster are all over the place so it's hard to use them as a pricing guide. I may be wrong but I don't think Rocketbuster does business any more through retail outlets. If that's the case, I bet the owner has had those boots for some time and any return would be in his favor. I can't give you a number but I would start low. As Michael said, at that size, he'll have a hard time moving them.

For a little different opinion, if I was the store owner & still selling quality boots I wouldn't sell them for cheap money. If they are that vintage then he has nothing in them money wise, they aren't eating anything while on display, & they tell his serious clientele that he knows & sells a quality boot when he sees one. No offense to anyone, but if he sells them for cheap money it will end up costing him more money to put something on display, & what is he going to replace them with...a duck-billed Ariat?

Motocowboy

New in Town
For a little different opinion, if I was the store owner & still selling quality boots I wouldn't sell them for cheap money. If they are that vintage then he has nothing in them money wise, they aren't eating anything while on display, & they tell his serious clientele that he knows & sells a quality boot when he sees one. No offense to anyone, but if he sells them for cheap money it will end up costing him more money to put something on display, & what is he going to replace them with...a duck-billed Ariat?
I think there is merit to both arguments. That said, if it were me looking to buy them the price would be high; that is how it goes for me! Unless the store owner has a need for money or space I am guessing if he knows what they are the price will be on the higher side.

Stringmaster

One of the Regulars
Yeah--he's always maintained a nice looking store with displays, etc. They briefly went out of biz and then reopened within a year at a much smaller location with mostly new and limited inventory. I'm inclined to give in the $150-$175 a pair range--I won't really get in a haggling war with him--as he's a nice guy and I'm a repeat customer. Thx for the input!

Stringmaster

One of the Regulars
They're lined up in a glass display case--he could easily sell a couple pair and just spread the others out a little--problem solved lol.

+1 and +1. I archived the photo so it stays around in this thread.

32976008394_e46b4a7eec_z.jpg

Motocowboy

New in Town
Update on my new Paul Bond Boots:
Spoke with Art at Paul Bond Boots today and he said my boot were going have the soles, pegging, and heals installed this week and should ship end of week or Monday at the latest. He did not send me any photos of the boots during construction as I had hoped he would do. Weather is getting warmer and I can't wait to see how they turn out and more importantly how they fit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk