Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Americanaaa Mark

A-List Customer
Rios are my favorite brand (2nd is lucchese). There is something about their boots that makes them look classic but easily pairable with contemporary reproductions of work wear or classic clothing.

I think it's the choice of their leathers which tend to have more richer, mature colors and a design which leans more on the simple side.

Some cowboy boots look too toyish-western or bight off more than they can handle I feel.

Not as rare as a Willie Lusk boot but pretty rare in this condition.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ste...479195?hash=item3d3681c49b:g:2uEAAOSwdGFYysMt
image.jpeg

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I still have a pair of TL's in elephant just like these. Been resoled once that I remember. Can't wear them out but now that elephant is protected, I wouldn't want to.

I know what you mean Jack , they wear like concrete , and never wear out . I just wore mine in some stuff that messed them up . I probably could have found something to clean them up . They had leather soles and I had them replaced several times . They stopped making them right after that I think . I remember being surprised about finding them . I got a deal I remember .

Those Kimmel's are the nicest Indians I've see, HJ. Elephant is still available but so expensive. I've got the one Jesse Bogle pair and I don't think you could scuff them dragging them behind my truck.
Unfortunately the boots are not mine. Just pics from another Kimmel customer.

I think there are only 4 African countries where elephant hides can still be harvested & imported from under a strict permit system, & no Asian countries. Finished products made of elephant hide are even harder to import.

Motocowboy

New in Town
I Received my new Paul Bond Boots yesterday! After dealing with Art who has been good I did receive boots close to what I ordered. Fit is very good, these are the first boots I have been able to pull on and have my high instep not pinched along with fitting in other areas of my foot. As I have said I have worn cowboy boots for 40 years, tried many brands and other than my first pair of Wilson boots I purchased in 1986 from the owner. All other major boot manufactures boots like Justin or Tony Lama don't fit as well.

Enjoy the photos!
_ha4R7NdjDYqGMDo3oWAZFWrxwU_VjendrmjjmujbmN5nQfTC1gvR1YkXIjz-Qc77H9oFYZb39KSasqqkZizmZQkBTbKrNJb9NyDNmh9UNvEMSqp4Mc6cEFSPFnrQkXP3U73UM3NWSadjZSN6DzXuCVaYfc-BOFcD8xopRUchR5T1qZSjFAleaxMH65vxCV6xhQVrw-JdSlteAEtrBdT9efBxvtZ1aWXxu5R74WIxTRmk6BPAGUh73uC5yLjiHwnjcQUVe0H-4L3n49x8988cenhVRw14cDu0eYepRevSUskQITlDrYfsXtJx9SXK8XeX8uHlZKYlcGD1WfLljyuNJHc1Lp-cztil-EmoSd84wmrIVDnnUym85OnStgT8yya-uLxUc6AvbgXgMZYRaL7ILhe_QbsG75zO14Lgx-cT-j1XBVGs6LHDPEpnHHb77eh1dZUACm6w33T2QpJw2H8LmUwGIOoat5MmqGEVdR37kXbMXEPClRn_YR3AZB3B8QdOW6YHVtHLPYqOG-ojgYhSU2VI4EsNUKZFgGb8JErUTj4jdkeRU1BKhaWBQyPBccA0xnP_LjyydQiGSllAQMTNIPL3I_OzCO_T7AT84Chfp5h5lb-=w768-h1024-no

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112