Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
1FA11C33-9F77-494D-B3A2-66251C92202B.jpeg
7EF5DAB2-8A39-4FBB-B038-FF286F98156A.jpeg
Greetings All:
Might as well make it a quad-thread day.
Sun’s coming in funny so here’s some Red Bull Lamas. Left toe’s still tight. Outta get off my rear and stuff some balls in them bulls! Hope i don’t get that backwards!
Arggh
Be well. Bowen
Ps: i’m feeling like that guy in the previous post. Lol

Left toe’s still tight.

B, what you see is my personal, problem spot, boot stretching device. After a bout with gout a few years ago I was left with a bunion on my right foot. Not huge but enough to cause some discomfort. At $20-$25 bucks a throw for a cobbler to stretch out my problem spots, a boot maker showed me a home remedy for my boots made pre-bunion

What you see before you is 36" of old broom handle. The smooth rounded end goes to the trouble spot. I've actually marked my boots with a piece of scotch tape before. You'll have to bend the shaft a little but it won't hurt it. Apply your stretching liquid and let it soak for a moment. Place the stretching device, round end in the boot and the other end on the floor, stabilized between your feet. Find the trouble spot with the round end and applying pressure, boot leather against the device, use both hands to stretch against the device, sliding the leather back and forth across it in the area you feel needs stretching. Hope this makes sense.
CIMG5959.JPG
CIMG5960.JPG
CIMG5961.JPG
CIMG5962.JPG

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
B, what you see is my personal, problem spot, boot stretching device. After a bout with gout a few years ago I was left with a bunion on my right foot. Not huge but enough to cause some discomfort. At $20-$25 bucks a throw for a cobbler to stretch out my problem spots, a boot maker showed me a home remedy for my boots made pre-bunion

What you see before you is 36" of old broom handle. The smooth rounded end goes to the trouble spot. I've actually marked my boots with a piece of scotch tape before. You'll have to bend the shaft a little but it won't hurt it. Apply your stretching liquid and let it soak for a moment. Place the stretching device, round end in the boot and the other end on the floor, stabilized between your feet. Find the trouble spot with the round end and applying pressure, boot leather against the device, use both hands to stretch against the device, sliding the leather back and forth across it in the area you feel needs stretching. Hope this makes sense.
View attachment 156759 View attachment 156760 View attachment 156761 View attachment 156762
Heck yes...makes hella good sense!!
Thank you Greg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

2mar10

One of the Regulars
If you’re going to wear a cowboy hat, you need to wear a pair of cowboy boots. Just sayin’.

Here’s my personal heirarchy, sans custom made, leaving out quite a few good brands and starting at the top:
1) Lucchese
2) Tony Lama
3) Boulet
4) Justin
5) Dan Post
6) Ariat

Numbers 2 through 6 are interchangeable, depending on the purpose, look and value. Number 1 is solid and has no peers.

Rosecitymike

One of the Regulars
Any opinions on JB Hill boots? How do they compare to Lucchese, Nocona, etc (at their best, not low end or Mexico made)

Any opinions on JB Hill boots? How do they compare to Lucchese, Nocona, etc (at their best, not low end or Mexico made)

Have no experience with them at all. What I know is easily found online. Stock sizes can be ordered or MTM can be done by visiting them or correspondence. I understand that they take care in their fittings as a "fitter boot" is sent to the customer during the build process. There was a fellow that used to post her that was from NY, I believe and he posted some Hill's. Believe he got the last pair of anteater skins they had, made into a triad with carved ants on the pulls. They are posted back quite a ways. Maybe the pics still exist.

Dm101

A-List Customer
I think I might buy a pair of round toe Cowboy Boots tomorrow.
I've been looking for a pair of brown engineer boots for almost a month now to no avail and I'm about done waiting.
Meeting a nice fella in town tomorrow evening to look at a pair of "Dan Post - DP69681" boots.
If they're comfortable, I may just drop the $50 and be done with it.
00I0I_lcBUzQZC5kA_1200x900.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21