Cowboy Boots

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Jack Scorpion, May 17, 2005.

1. I'm finally getting around to conditioning them today. I'll probably be good for Saturday night if you want to meet up at Club 60 in Mt. Grove, MO. :D Yep -- same style number. Congrats Rob!

Duck and Desert dog like this.
  2. Recoil Rob

Recoil Rob Familiar Face

Thanks, I believe they're the same style 1234 as Bob's from posts #4202 & 4235 of this thread (below), though his looked like they were worn once and put back in the box. Mine were worn a little, but not much.

[​IMG]

3. Recoil Rob

Recoil Rob Familiar Face

Thanks Bob, must have missed your post. Next time I'm in MO or you're in NY...

Anyone want to join Bob and me?
    Style 1234, Size 10.5

4. Recoil Rob

Recoil Rob Familiar Face

Has anyone heard of a maker, Hilton Allan of Houston? They may also be a retailer. Googling the name brings up one hit, another pair on Pinterest.
    I just got in a pair and they have many of the features that some of my custom made boots have. Each one at a time may not mean anything but taken together I'm impressed with the quality...

• very nice stitching, variegated colors
    • thick, supple uppers
    • three piece vamps
    • pronounced arch over the shank
    • stitched-in cloth label
    • hand written nomenclature on the shaft linings
    • wood pegs
    • spur shelves
    • well made pulls

IMG_8079.JPG

IMG_8073.JPG

IMG_8082.JPG

IMG_8074.JPG

IMG_8075.JPG

IMG_8076.JPG

IMG_8078.JPG

IMG_8080.JPG

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  5. dh66

dh66

Found this old ad on the web. Thought it was cool so figured I'd share it. I have a pair of these. Wear 'em to work a lot. I'm a plumber, so they're definitely legit sh*tkickers.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6. dh66

dh66

More vintage Red Wing hucksterism[​IMG]

7. dh66

dh66

I'm glad the 70s are over.

Although I'm kinda diggin' the ones with the back pocket. [​IMG]

8. Aaronlowe

Aaronlowe One of the Regulars

I had a pair of denim cowboy boots in elementary school back in the 70s. Also had a pair of waffle stompers. I wore those so much the sole finally split in two. What were my parents thinking by sending me to school in either pair of those? lol

dh66 likes this.
  9. Recoil Rob

Recoil Rob Familiar Face

This is my second pair of boots, I imagine I got these in the early 1970's. They haven't been worn in about 30 years, they are just too soft, but I keep them around, like old friends. They won't stand up at all, I have soda bottles inside for the picture, they flop like sweat socks.

They're Fryes, like my first pair that, when they became so worn out, I cut the shafts off and made then into a guitar strap, complete with burn marks made while wearing them one night, and under the influence...

IMG_8152.JPG

IMG_8153.JPG

IMG_8154.JPG

10. Mercer

Mercer Familiar Face

Morbid curiosity triggered: Did you wear your jeans tucked or untucked with your denim boots?

11. Aaronlowe

Aaronlowe One of the Regulars

Hmmm. I wish I could remember, but I don't. If I had to guess I think I'd run around with them untucked. That was the era of bell bottoms so I think I'd want to rock those big bells over the boots. :)

12. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Been a long time fan of Tex Robin boots. Came across this pic of some of the best looking butterfly boots I've ever seen.
    image.jpeg

13. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Another pair of Tex's boots.
    [​IMG]

14. Desert dog

Desert dog Call Me a Cab

Just got these Lamas for my wife. The Red Justin boot is at a shop in Bakersfield, where Buck Owens was a customer [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

johnnycanuck, jonesy86, dh66 and 2 others like this.
  15. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

I like those. Great color combo, Dd. I still miss Buck. What size does she wear?

Desert dog likes this.
  16. Desert dog

Desert dog Call Me a Cab

Thanks Bama, she wears a men's 8d, not sure what women's size. There are a lot of vintage boots in that size for cheap, and she likes the larger tops. I paid $12.78 for these. Not as much luck in size 11!

AbbaDatDeHat and Bamaboots like this.
  17. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

That would be close to a 9-9 1/2 in women's. Thought I might have something for her but a little too small. Lots of inexpensive options in the vintage market at that size, kinda like 6 7/8 hats.

Desert dog likes this.
  18. I remember those. They came in two sizes that I know of. The smaller size was made of fiberglass; the larger was cast aluminum. I've seen the larger cast aluminum boots show up at auctions & not draw much interest beyond scrap value. I thought about making one into my mailbox but didn't bid on it.

Desert dog and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  19. Recoil Rob

Recoil Rob Familiar Face

Not as big as the Justin but...

IMG_8257.JPG

IMG_8258.JPG

dh66 and Bamaboots like this.
  20. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Don't see them near as often but there is still one at this western shop the next Co. over that I visit occasionally.
    [​IMG]
    We also have this one in front of a shop I used to frequent in Huntsville. Bought my first pair of decent boots there. Damn, that was a long time ago.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files: