Cowboy Boots

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Jack Scorpion, May 17, 2005.

1. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Excellent CPR!
    Cool boots!
    B

2. Recoil Rob

Recoil Rob Familiar Face

Pretty comfortable too, I wore them down too, I wore them down to Manhattan last night.

When I first tried them on they were almost hard having been unworn so long, I wondered if they would ever start to mold to my feet. Then I remembered reading on a boot makers website, now sure which, that one thing most boot wearers neglect is conditioning the inside of their boots. When you think about it they are constantly getting damp and then drying out, sweat has salt it it. It was recommended to condition the interiors.

What I did with these was to brush out all the dust I could from the interiors and then I took a nice dollop of Pecards Leather creme and rubbed it all over the interior down to the toe and all up the shafts. Regular Pecards is very thick, almost like beeswax, but their cream is about the consistency of room temperature vaseline and absorbs much faster into leather. After giving the interior a good slathering I let them sit and within 36 hrs everything had been absorbed. I recoated them and waited, after 72 hours it was absorbed. The final coat left some residue after 72 hours so I wiped it out and let them sit a few more days before starting on the exteriors. Because of this I feel they have already started to mold to my feet.

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  3. dh66

dh66

Nice find!! Those are great!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4. dh66

dh66

Wore these unbranded peewees on a weekend road trip to Nashville[​IMG]

5. Rosecitymike

Rosecitymike Familiar Face

839F6C30-ECA4-4698-9E9A-EC205C5B08DD.jpeg Just delivered from the ‘bay. 90s era Luccheses with elephant vamps and goat uppers. Don’t know what it is about older Luccheses but they fit like customs—even the shaft opening is perfect, smaller than recent production.

6. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Boy, i do like these Mike!
    Good get!
    B

7. Beauties!

8. Recoil Rob

Recoil Rob Familiar Face

Came across a pair with this label, certainly older than the black and gold/ Any ideas as to age?

oldlama.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat, Desert dog and dh66 like this.
  9. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Rob, probably 50's, maybe earlier. By the 60's they transitioned to the black label pictured here. It is different than the black label that came about later and lasted into the early 90's.
    CIMG6338.JPG

AbbaDatDeHat, Desert dog and dh66 like this.
  10. Recoil Rob

Recoil Rob Familiar Face

I know some of you have nice work by Caboots, do you feel they run true to size?
    I'm looking at a pair which the seller listed as a size 10 D but there's no such stamping inside the boot. There is a four digit number, 9068, which I was told by Caboots translates to 11D. It's nothing like the coding we discussed here a few weeks ago. Caboots says their code's a "trade secret" they won't divulge.

Desert dog likes this.
  11. Desert dog

Desert dog Call Me a Cab

I have two pair and they both fit true to size. One pair is the older label. They both have the size hand written. The Caboots have no other numbers. The older Champion Attitudes have other hand written numbers.[​IMG][​IMG]

Bamaboots likes this.
  12. Recoil Rob

Recoil Rob Familiar Face

Thanks.

Desert dog likes this.
  13. dh66

dh66

I'll just add this for further confusion. Mine are indeed size 11D, and are marked as such in pen, and have the code 6596 also written in them. These were made for me in about 2002 or 03 so maybe the secret codes have changed these days. As to the fit, I'd say they're pretty spot on. Pretty solid quality, too. Desert Dog can back me up on that. I also included a photo of 'em.....just for good measure[​IMG][​IMG]

14. Desert dog

Desert dog Call Me a Cab

Those are beautiful! I agree they are a quality boot!

dh66 likes this.
  15. dh66

dh66

Thanks DD!

Desert dog likes this.
  16. Didn't father & son split up with Joey forming Caboots? Then when his dad retired so did the Champion Attitude Boot Co?

Desert dog likes this.
  17. Desert dog

Desert dog Call Me a Cab

I didn't know that.

18. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

It was always a bit confusing to me because in the Caboots history, only founded by the Sanchez family is mentioned in the bio. That clears it a bit.

Desert dog likes this.
  19. Recoil Rob

Recoil Rob Familiar Face

Hey Bob Hufford, let's go dancin'!

My new (to me) Nocona White Labels, are yours a Style 1234 also?

IMG_8024.JPG

20. dh66

dh66

Nice ones Rob! Great stitching on those.

Joao Encarnado likes this.