Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Here's a pic of said rocketbusters to share wth you guys. Had them made with the great tax refund of '92. Been resoled once - not really daily wear kinda stuff.
Used to work in a beer join back in those days, these would always elicit a wisecrack or two from some rube.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378164536559.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378164536559.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,087

TipTop

Practically Family
Here's a pic of said rocketbusters to share wth you guys. Had them made with the great tax refund of '92. Been resoled once - not really daily wear kinda stuff.
Used to work in a beer join back in those days, these would always elicit a wisecrack or two from some rube.

GREAT boots; did you meet and deal with Nevena personally? She's wonderful and her artisanship is unsurpassed--cowboy boots by a gal who studied art in Paris; go figure.

PS, loved your sneaker boots a few posts back; actually my Ariats were brown "high tops", very supportive insole and comfortable and well ventilated for cooling an otherwise warm boot.

Those aren't mine! Saw an article about them a while back and your post made me think of 'em.

I have no idea who the dude at rocketbuster was, I think they were still fairly new on the scene back then. Had admired (understatement) their boots in Tyler Beard's Cowboy Boot Book, so when I found myself. with a little financial windfall I jumped on a. pair. They are just a stock size, not custom fitted.

btw- if I ever did meet someone wearing those addidas boots....... I'd have to give him props for moving against the heard, at the least they're not crocs

kyboots

Practically Family
These are my only cowboy boots... a pair of Lucchese Classics I purchased a few years back. Crocodile with a roper toe - extremely comfortable to wear. I was somewhat floored by the expense, but these are one of those purchases that I look back on with happiness that I didn't let them walk on by.

lucchese.jpg

Alan just saw these boots and those are great. Exactly what I would like to wear. U toe ( or R toe hard to see exactly ) and the roper heel, these guys have to be comfortable. Could work all day.

Thanks KY. I'll post more boot pics later. Gonna put some of my rockmount and other snappy shirts up in the western wear thread. Good luck in Colo.

TipTop

Practically Family
Alan just saw these boots and those are great. Exactly what I would like to wear. U toe ( or R toe hard to see exactly ) and the roper heel, these guys have to be comfortable. Could work all day.

Alan has great style and taste--from head to toe; I know him from the Fedora side of Fedora Lounge. And, I recognized his carpet immediately (he's in the art-publishing business in Buffalo).

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
727 lb gator caught 1st week of season in Mississippi. The guy who caught it plans on eating the meat and making "a bunch of stuff" from the hide. That's A LOT of meat and A LOT of stuff. I personally am very fond of alligator meat.

Broke these out and wore them today, they don't see enough time on the ground these days. Custom built by Champion Attitude around 01 or 02

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378688903156.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378688903156.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,096

TipTop

Practically Family
Broke these out and wore them today, they don't see enough time on the ground these days. Custom built by Champion Attitude around 01 or 02

And what else does one wear with boots like that? Lots to compete with ;->

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails