Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Insurrection/ThurstonBros

Sponsoring Affiliate
Vintage cowboy boots make for happy feet...a quick snapshot of one of the shelves in the shop today!

Bootarrayfinal.jpg

Good looking boots. If I ever find myself in Seattle I'll make it a point to check you guys out.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Hey, how convenient that this topic already exists! Perhaps someone can help me out?

I've never really cared much for cowboy boots but lately my lady has been listening to some crappy rock band and I've noticed that the lead guitarist always wears these cowboy boots that I really, really happen to like. Having failed miserably in trying to find out the model of the boots on my own - had no idea cowboy boots come in so many different styles - I was hoping that perhaps someone here can tell me what exactly am I looking for, or even better, recognize the brand of said boots!

kvwe0u3trkmj6k2g7puz.png

I've slapped together this image from the most useful photos of the boots that I could find online. I know it's lousy, but it's the best I've got, so if anyone can help me out in any way I'd be infinitely grateful. Oh, and sorry if this ain't the right place to be asking something like that. Still getting used to the forum. Thanks!

Last edited:
Can't really tell from the pic, is dude wearing leather pants, or are those really tall boots?

TipTop

Practically Family
I like the colors. What kind of leather is the foot?

Sueded elephant. I have almost the identical color/skin combo in a pair of Luccheses. Elephant is wonderfully stretchy and provides a great snug but soft fit throughout the day.

Try any plain black in what they call an R-toe from any major brand like Justin or Dan Post. Try some place like sheplers.com they have a huge selection and pretty decent prices, and usually you can view the boot from different angles to get a good look at the shape of the toe. You might also like a J-toe, its a little more narrow without being really pointy. An X-toe would be the super pointy cockroach killers, but the pic definately looks more rounded. Check out the sheplers site though, at least to get familiar with the different styles.

I had no idea about the letter-toe thing!! That not only simplifies but pretty much solves my problem - It's the R-toe boot, no doubt about it. Thank you very much, dh66! :)

Glad I could help. I have honestly no idea WHY the letter designations. I guess R might stand for round' but I have no clue about the others. Hope you find some, post 'em up if you do. Would love to see them

8a4y4yby.jpg

Vintage Acme. About 4 sizes to small, unfortunately. These belonged to my dad. He was a steel guitar player, and played professionally from the late 40s til the early 60s. These were part of his stage duds from around the early 50s. I remember him using them to plow the fields of my granddads farm in the early 70s.
ny6asy5y.jpg

The horror. The horror.

Pinhead

One of the Regulars
8a4y4yby.jpg

Vintage Acme. About 4 sizes to small, unfortunately. These belonged to my dad. He was a steel guitar player, and played professionally from the late 40s til the early 60s. These were part of his stage duds from around the early 50s. I remember him using them to plow the fields of my granddads farm in the early 70s.
ny6asy5y.jpg

The horror. The horror.

Your Dad looks like Brando...

I've got little, girly, feet, if that's in the cards.

Your Dad looks like Brando...

I've got little, girly, feet, if that's in the cards.

They're pretty much decorative only at this point, practically mummified. I used to have a notion that maybe one of my boys could wear them one day, but using them for workboots like he did pretty much destroyed them. I condition them from time to time just to keep them from disintegrating.

As for MB, I figured if I was gonna quote Col. Kurtz......

Mercer

One of the Regulars
I was doing a search of previous posts of mine and realized that I never posted about this, so here goes . . .

In March I bought a pair of black Lucchese Classics full-quill ostrich. Since having to sell my previous black boots (Lucchese Classics in black ranch hand) because I got the wrong toe style (which made them uncomfortably narrow), I had been in the market for those. In addition, the idea of full-quill ostrich boots had begun to grow on me, and so I ended up killing 2 birds with 1 stone -- I got a pair of black full-quill ostrich Lucchese Classics, which happened to be on sale: yhst-13741280055283_2268_166798500.jpg

I love 'em!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails