Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Highlander

A-List Customer
Well, here's my new purchase, I had some old (about 30 year old) Nocona Tall Top boots with riding heel on them, and recently had them overhauled by a firm in Tulsa. But I wanted a new pair, and finding old fashioned "Buckaroo" boots is tough these days. So I called and after a grueling 9 month wait, my new Nocona boots showed up today. They fit well, and I love the look (my others had red tops on them)...

NewBoots-vi.jpg

Highlander -- Hi neighbor!

The boots look great! The hide, color and stitching pattern/color choices go together well.

Did you order them though a shop or direct? How was the process? How much customization was specified?

How did the old pair turn out? Can you share a pic or two of them?

Congrats,

Bob

Highlander

A-List Customer
I'll get photos of the old red tops after they were redone by the shoe outfit(I think $200 for the repairs they did, but they are about like new, the red leather still shows the same wear as in the photo)... Here's a photo of them prior:
boots-vi.jpg

The blue ones I ordered through a Nocona Dealer, and I gave them all of the info off of my old boots. It took about 9 months, and I think they were in the $450 range.

Highlander

A-List Customer
Well, I couldn't get my camera to focus, but this one sort of came out. This this the arch (and sole, the old soles had been half soled several times and worn almost out again). So I had them completely re done, welt and all, with the arch pegged as were the original soles.

BootsPegs-vi.jpg

Awesome boots Highlander, new and old. There's nothing quite like the feeling of stepping into a pair of newly rebuilt boots. It's like getting a brand new pair that's already perfectly broken in.

Highlander

A-List Customer
Yes, it was Tulsa Shoe Rebuilders, and they were awesome to deal with, and their workmanship made my old boots that had been in the mud and manure for years, and they look good enough now to wear to Church :)

And yes "dh", old/new boots might be the best. They are all still broken in with 25 years, but look like the just came off the shelf at the boot store (and the little bit of wear on the red, is what's left to show of the 25 years :) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo