Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Recoil Rob

One of the Regulars
I got this from an Ebay seller when I asked about sizing on some older TL's, does this sound correct?

These Tony Lamas are vintage and the way they used to do the size back then was with a code. On these boots the code is 4100. The 4 represents the width for a Regular width, if it was a 2 it would be a Narrow width, and a 6 would be a Wide width. The 100 represents the size 10. The reason for the last zero in the number is because these boots are not a half size. For example if these boots were a size 10.5 D it would read 4105.

s-l1600.jpg

Stumbled across this a bit ago. Looks as if O S is up and running at their new site in Wichita Falls. What comes as a surprise is this outfit has acquired the Dixon Boot Co. name as well. The Dixon's are stock sizes and look like stuff I wouldn't wear to a dog fight. Shame, really, as Dixon made fine boots for awhile. This reminds me of one O S iteration where they owned Montana boots as well. At least Montana's usually looked better than the "Dixons".

50018864_1314709375336643_1578270975131123712_n.jpg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stumbled across this a bit ago. Looks as if O S is up and running at their new site in Wichita Falls. What comes as a surprise is this outfit has acquired the Dixon Boot Co. name as well. The Dixon's are stock sizes and look like stuff I wouldn't wear to a dog fight. Shame, really, as Dixon made fine boots for awhile. This reminds me of one O S iteration where they owned Montana boots as well. At least Montana's usually looked better than the "Dixons".

50018864_1314709375336643_1578270975131123712_n.jpg
Do you think the quality is still there with IS? I sure like those eagles. I have always liked a tan or light brown with green tops.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Do you think the quality is still there with IS? I sure like those eagles. I have always liked a tan or light brown with green tops.

Dd, I do not know but hope so. The're still showing their historical line and doing MTM. They're bluebirds have long been on my bucket list. I don't know who the boot maker(s) is/are but from what I can gather, it's investors who have put this in place. Maybe @Richard Morgan will chime in. He occasionally travels the area.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Dd, I do not know but hope so. The're still showing their historical line and doing MTM. They're bluebirds have long been on my bucket list. I don't know who the boot maker(s) is/are but from what I can gather, it's investors who have put this in place. Maybe @Richard Morgan will chime in. He occasionally travels the area.
I can’t shed much light here except to say this is a completely new website since I looked a couple of months ago. They were talking about new ownership then but the site was pretty rough.
I can make a couple of observations though. You have to dig into the history to find any mention of Henrietta. They only talk about Wichita Falls and Turtle Creek. I don’t think they ever had a factory in Wichita Falls, only in Henrietta so I’d bet the boots are made in Mexico. That doesn’t mean they’re not good but they seem to be trying hard not to say where they are made. Having a location in Turtle Creek means their target customer is a “high net worth individual.” The prices show it, $1100 for a base calf, goat or kangaroo boot.
That’s all just my observations and may not mean anything. I probably won’t get up to Wichita Falls any time soon but I may be able to visit the Turtle Creek (Dallas) store in a month or so. I’ll let you know if I do.

That’s all just my observations and may not mean anything.

Thank you, Richard. Your observations and mine are about the same. I'd want to see if there's a boot maker in that shop. I'm sure the Dixon's are made in Mexico. I wondered about O S when they got into the Montana boot line as far as where their boots might be made. Funny how the Henrietta legacy is mostly an afterthought.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Thank you, Richard. Your observations and mine are about the same. I'd want to see if there's a boot maker in that shop. I'm sure the Dixon's are made in Mexico. I wondered about O S when they got into the Montana boot line as far as where their boots might be made. Funny how the Henrietta legacy is mostly an afterthought.
A bookmaker in the shop sure would be a good sign. My daughter and I visited Heritage Boots here in Austin when she was home for Christmas. The designs were mostly pretty cool and I thought they looked well made. They were proud that the boots were made in a single shop in Leon, Mexico. And the prices were almost reasonable. Unfortunately, neither of the sales people had a clue about fit. The tried to put me in everything from an 11 to a 13 (I’m about a 12.5 D or 13 B/C) and I never did find a boot that fit.
Heritageboot.com

Unfortunately, neither of the sales people had a clue about fit. The tried to put me in everything from an 11 to a 13 (I’m about a 12.5 D or 13 B/C) and I never did find a boot that fit.
Heritageboot.com

That's comical, Richard. They don't have online ordering and they talk of their sales people having great success fitting people over the phone. Do they still not allow customers to handle boots w/o assistance?

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
That's comical, Richard. They don't have online ordering and they talk of their sales people having great success fitting people over the phone. Do they still not allow customers to handle boots w/o assistance?

They have signs everywhere more or less saying don’t touch the boots. Rose and I mostly ignored them. The salespeople got flustered but didn’t say anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Noconas arrived. Not quite as “in your face” as the auction pics. Looks like they we’re put away in 1974 when Homer got some new boots.

6dd8269627bd23acf6c0826d74d3e064.jpg

b8c6e4a3cee816a0eb248ce91d98bf88.jpg

6303534c385439e10830fd7baf06d120.jpg

Headlines seem almost fresh...

ca6a0a7a504444f655cf67ff0ace9589.jpg

3fe02164e2b5bda58bb5b597d2c861a3.jpg

2b0635781be53fdf1b0416925603b317.jpg
Those are beauties Bob! They are the good ones, and with the box and paper even better. Amazing condition too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko