Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

One more thing; Can you guys identify the maker of these boots? I do know they're by Chrome Hearts but I also know those suckers can't make such beautiful boots so perhaps anyone can recognize the shape? They're made in the US, that much I do know.

2032882.jpg

2032883.jpg

2032886.jpg
Don't know who's making them, but they're good looking boots. The shape of that toe is about perfect.

Don't know who's making them, but they're good looking boots. The shape of that toe is about perfect.

Yep, they're beautiful and the workmanship on the deco is fantastic. I thought for a moment there that Caboots made them as the shape of their Peso toe is very similar & even reached out to confirm but it's not them. I'd really like to know. Don't care much about the Chrome Hearts details but just to have a pair in that shape...

One more thing; Can you guys identify the maker of these boots? I do know they're by Chrome Hearts but I also know those suckers can't make such beautiful boots so perhaps anyone can recognize the shape? They're made in the US, that much I do know.

2032882.jpg

2032883.jpg

2032886.jpg
This one got me to thinking. With no details other than TX made; who there could and would take on such a project? After thinking about it I figured that no matter the design, the maker would still build their boot. What I mean by that is, though I'm sure the Chrome Hearts designers covered all of the pattern details of the boots along with height, heel and toe specifications, the maker still built a boot that carries the typical profile/stance of their boot as well as the heel shape for a specified height along with the toe spring. Little details like pull shape can be a clue.

The current mfgs. that I'm aware of that made or make boots for other branding are Rios of Mercedes (RRL) and Lucchese. Kimmel builds boots for Back at the Ranch and there are likely others. The Chrome Hearts don't look like one of their boots to me. I looked to my own shelf first because the profile, pulls and heel shape reminded me of Stallions and their shop is probably big enough to handle the job. Rocketbuster, maybe. Falconhead could be one but I'm just throwing it at the wall at this point.

I think that Stallion is a strong contender and provided some pics of mine. Also some links for your own judgement and amusement.
:: Welcome to Falconhead - Boots - Belts - Buckles ::
Stallion Cowboy Boots | AXEL'S
Back at the Ranch - Handcrafted Cowboy Boots
IMG_3666.jpeg
IMG_3667.jpeg
IMG_3668.jpeg
IMG_3669.jpeg

hambone71

Practically Family
This one got me to thinking. With no details other than TX made; who there could and would take on such a project? After thinking about it I figured that no matter the design, the maker would still build their boot. What I mean by that is, though I'm sure the Chrome Hearts designers covered all of the pattern details of the boots along with height, heel and toe specifications, the maker still built a boot that carries the typical profile/stance of their boot as well as the heel shape for a specified height along with the toe spring. Little details like pull shape can be a clue.

The current mfgs. that I'm aware of that made or make boots for other branding are Rios of Mercedes (RRL) and Lucchese. Kimmel builds boots for Back at the Ranch and there are likely others. The Chrome Hearts don't look like one of their boots to me. I looked to my own shelf first because the profile, pulls and heel shape reminded me of Stallions and their shop is probably big enough to handle the job. Rocketbuster, maybe. Falconhead could be one but I'm just throwing it at the wall at this point.

I think that Stallion is a strong contender and provided some pics of mine. Also some links for your own judgement and amusement.
View attachment 545073 View attachment 545074 View attachment 545075 View attachment 545076
Now that’s a sharp pair of boots! Love’em!

I made my first pair of traditional cowboy boots. Hand lasted and hand welted with a steel shank, wooden pegged sole and hand stacked leather heel. I designed the pattern and cut the inlay as well. For those of you with sharp eyes, it was my first time running a sewing machine on leather, so be kind.

I did give in and go with a soft-tex heel and a thin rubber bottom protector. Uppers and heel/toe caps are kangaroo, vamps are goat.
View attachment 542783 View attachment 542784 View attachment 542788
Been difficult to comment on anything of late but I wanted to say you did a great job on those. Helluva an undertaking, especially with all the extras you added. Did you build your own last? Care to share whose shop you built these in?

Mm25

One Too Many
Been difficult to comment on anything of late but I wanted to say you did a great job on those. Helluva an undertaking, especially with all the extras you added. Did you build your own last? Care to share whose shop you built these in?
Thank you. I added the extras to practice techniques under supervision.
McGuffin boots out of Albuquerque.
I did not build the lasts from scratch, but modified a pair using leather strips to build them out to match my feet. (Each was different, not uncommon) and create toe shape.
I can’t seem to get the photos in order, but you get the idea of the work.

Attachments

• 79DDA4C4-2AF9-4576-83AE-DAAF5080D578.jpeg
    79DDA4C4-2AF9-4576-83AE-DAAF5080D578.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
  • 277AC7EB-F17F-4A14-8C14-2C842553492F.jpeg
    277AC7EB-F17F-4A14-8C14-2C842553492F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
  • 1FE96838-4326-4344-9B84-A581EBBC7B54.jpeg
    1FE96838-4326-4344-9B84-A581EBBC7B54.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
  • 12625E45-D85F-4A28-BC64-95AD78042826.jpeg
    12625E45-D85F-4A28-BC64-95AD78042826.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • 12273953-4695-4662-8D76-C57F38DD8410.jpeg
    12273953-4695-4662-8D76-C57F38DD8410.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 56
  • B3C90153-C165-453D-A1BF-B9F09A85370D.jpeg
    B3C90153-C165-453D-A1BF-B9F09A85370D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 51
  • 8D667BF3-AEA7-4F48-9E6A-BBD1AFA28B87.jpeg
    8D667BF3-AEA7-4F48-9E6A-BBD1AFA28B87.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
leather strips to build them out to match my feet.
Yes, that's what I meant. You would be a wiz if you carved out a set. Deana Mcguffin has taught a number of boot makers. I understand she retired from making but is still teaching. Is anyone building boots out of her shop other than students?

Last edited:

Mm25

One Too Many
She is still teaching, but looking to sell her shop. Just students for now, but she said she’s done next spring at the latest, earlier if she gets a buyer for her tools and inventory.
Yes, that's what I meant. You would be a whiz if you carved out a set. Deana Mcguffin has taught a number of boot makers. I understand she retired from making but is still teaching. Is anyone building boots out of her shop other than students.

View attachment 545073 View attachment 545074 View attachment 545075 View attachment 545076

That's exactly what I've been thinking. There's just so much... Signature in the shape of those Chrome Hearts boots that I'd be willing to bet any amount of money they ain't got in them. I think pretty much the only thing they do in-house is silver jewelry and some basic leather stuff but not boots. These only had one single run, anyway.
In any case, there's definitely a lot of history of boot-making showing in that pair someone's built for them.

But those Stallions you got... They're otherworldly!!! What leather is that!?

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Just got these ariat. I was looking for something with a bright colored shaft and a square toe. There are obvious concessions to quality in the build materials (most notably the plastic heel) but considering how frequently they’ll actually get worn in rotation its not a big deal.
9F9E6526-7342-4526-B32A-5AC6A18492D1.jpeg

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You've got to love the way they have to write the specs:

Supplier color: Black/Duct tape

Edit: Looked up that "edgy" brand

Enfants Riches Déprimés​

Unisex label Enfants Riches Déprimés is the luxury brand of artist and designer Henri Alexander Levy. His self-described ‘elitist, nihlistic couture’ proposes an unflinching collision of louche first-wave punk attitude and deconstructionist garment design, resulting in one of the most bitter pills available among the contemporary fashion pharmacopoeia. The label’s selection features distressed graphic t-shirts, shredded intarsia knit sweaters, and destroyed denim jeans, with one-of-a-kind vintage leather jackets, painted and embellished by hand at the designer’s Los Angeles studio, serving as the line’s centrepieces. Though tailored with a keen sensibility for how a garment adorns the figure, the works on offer by Enfants Riches Déprimés display their founder’s uncompromising vision for the materialization of confoundingly in-your-face nonchalance.

I'd have to agree that it is a bitter pill to swallow if you have to pay for their stuff...

Edward

Bartender
I have a vague memory of at least one Hollywood movie in which one of the male leads straps up his old boots this way as they wear out. Seems an odd choice for a new pair, but hey... fashion (turn to the left). Not my aesthetic choice, but I' sure I look equally weird to them, so.

Manly Footwear

New in Town
New boot day! These are a pair of Bond’s, 3/4 quill ostrich, all black except for trim. The toe is a tad narrower than I like but it’s serviceable. The tops turned out really soft, they can barley stand without falling over. I wish I would have specified more robust lining.

I was able to order in person, and I could pick out the the section of hide to get the amount of quill I wanted, so that was cool. Some features I added at their suggestion were: no welt stitch and a dogger heel, was skeptical, but happy with both.

All in all, it’s a great boot. The build is great and I will likely order again.

I have been to the shop several times and last two times (22 and 23) it was not nearly as bustling as past. I see they are under new management, hopefully they can breathe some life back into things.

If you are on the fence I’d go for it, no telling how long they will be around.

Legendary was my first go at customs, and they are still my favorite toe and builds, but he closed shop a couple years ago.

I have been eyeing JB Hill as a possible option, but they recently sold out to Kemo Sabe. I was able to visit several years ago, it’s it’s a sizable factory, I assumed their main business was contracted out for many brands, but who knows.

Attachments

• 4514FA32-B016-4D45-A1CD-769F2F8A720B.jpeg
    4514FA32-B016-4D45-A1CD-769F2F8A720B.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 63
  • AE816592-CA47-47EB-961C-C9B11BDA8CD7.jpeg
    AE816592-CA47-47EB-961C-C9B11BDA8CD7.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 77
  • 334337C8-0280-4429-A3D9-842280E8968B.jpeg
    334337C8-0280-4429-A3D9-842280E8968B.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 72
  • 0BA509B3-BAEE-4CED-8862-C5AF3A7F39C4.jpeg
    0BA509B3-BAEE-4CED-8862-C5AF3A7F39C4.jpeg