Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crazy Hat contest

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
I have a stocking box full of hat netting. I bought it off ebay years ago but I yet to use any of it! So my loss is your gain. So I am proposing a contest( a la Vintage betty!) I want to see those crazy hats that we all buy b/c they are so offbeat. And I will award the hat nettings in two weeks. The deadline is Feb. 20th. With all this wedding stress in my life I need entertainment!:D So lets see those hats!Good luck!

Samantha

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My first entry

Izzie Lewis Cloche

betty_102607.JPG

PS: Retrogirl, I like your new Avatar.

Vintage Betty

Happy (Belated) Birthday! And welcome to The Connoisseur portion of the forum! :beer: :cheers1:

Okay, here's some more funky hats which I hope will make you laugh. The first one is actually a girl's hat. Paid WAY too much for it, but I love the design:

arrow_hat1.JPG

arrow_hat2.JPG

The second hat, a de-fuzzed velvet cloche actually makes me look like Minnie Mouse when I wear it. See those side flaps? They come out from the side of my head and look like mouse ears. :eusa_doh: Note the word "front" on the label:

cloche_pink1.JPG

cloche_pink2.JPG

cloche_pink3.JPG

The third hat is an attempt at high end couture. Shag me, baby!

feather1.JPG

feather2.JPG

If any ladies in the Globe Trotting Hat Contest are interested in the third hat, drop me a line. I'll give serious consideration regarding giving it away.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
Happy (Belated) Birthday! And welcome to The Connoisseur portion of the forum! :beer: :cheers1:

Okay, here's some more funky hats which I hope will make you laugh. The first one is actually a girl's hat. Paid WAY too much for it, but I love the design:

arrow_hat2.JPG

The second hat, a de-fuzzed velvet cloche actually makes me look like Minnie Mouse when I wear it. See those side flaps? They come out from the side of my head and look like mouse ears. :eusa_doh: Note the word "front" on the label:

cloche_pink1.JPG

cloche_pink2.JPG

cloche_pink3.JPG

The third hat is an attempt at high end couture. Shag me, baby!

feather1.JPG

feather2.JPG

If any ladies in the Globe Trotting Hat Contest are interested in the third hat, drop me a line. I'll give serious consideration regarding giving it away.

I love the cloche'! It looks like the 20s version of the bad hair day hat!lol

Samantha

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
This was the inspiration for this contest.
cherryhat.jpg

The whole hat is covered in faux cherrys! I love it, if I where it in my kitchen I am camoflaged.lol Obvisouly this hat is not up for the prize but I had to show it off.

Samantha

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Introducing one of the judges...

Samantha has asked me to be one of the judges for her contest because she knows I'm not easily swayed. Any bribes can be sent to me via PM...;)

KilroyCD

One Too Many
KilroyCD said:
Samantha has asked me to be one of the judges for her contest because she knows I'm not easily swayed. Any bribes can be sent to me via PM...;)
Vintage Betty is the only one to send me a non-bribe so far, any others? lol

Vintage Betty

KilroyCD said:
If threatening to send a pinup was a bribe, you can threaten me anytime! lol

...and I mean it! lol

To clarify the bribe aka threat, I said if I won I WOULDN'T send him a pinup. If I didn't win, he'd get one! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy