Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cricket sweaters

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I am looking to buy a new pure wool Cricket sweater (or jumper on this side of the Atlantic). Or a second hand one would do. I enjoyed wearing them at school and university, although I was never much into the game itself, but the few I have knocking around are now too small for me and/or too worn out. Can any of you recommend a good supplier? And do any of you still wear them regularly? They're a nice piece of kit.

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
rochfordsports.co.uk supply lots of county cricket clubs and have a massive range they will also produce a version to your own spec if required.

D

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
I think there is another thread about Cricket Sweaters on this forum, however, have a look at the Smart Turnout Website, I have purchased a couple of pure wool (of course), long sleeved cricket sweaters from them, they are not cheap, but the sweaters are of a very high quality. The firm is based in London and although mainly mail order, they do have a small shop in an arcade on the south side of Piccadilly in central London, I think more or less opposite the Burlington Arcade. Have a look at their website.

I also bought another cricket sweater at Kent & Curwen a few years ago, who also had a shop in Piccadilly, but it has now moved, I think to Regent Street.

Although many sports shops and clubs also sell cricket sweaters, do beware, as many of those are made of made made fibres or cotton which in my opinion are not as good as 100% wool.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
I am sure that cricket players in the UK have been very glad of their cricket sweaters this week as it has been extra cold and even snowy in the south which is unusual at this time of the year.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I enjoyed the recent cold snap, not least because it was a chance to wear some nice traditional wool sweaters. I agree that the cricketers would have been glad of theirs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy