Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crofut & Knapp Tales

buler

I'll Lock Up
1902:

crofut_knapp_1902_feb.jpg

crofut_knapp_1902_mar.jpg

crofut_knapp_1902_apr.jpg

crofut_knapp_1902_may.jpg

crofut_knapp_1902_jun.jpg

crofut_knapp_1902_jul.jpg

crofut_knapp_1902_aug.jpg

crofut_knapp_1902_sept.jpg

crofut_knapp_1902_nov.jpg

crofut_knapp_1902_dec.jpg

Crofut & Knapp Derby

A pearl from the derby/homburg cabinet in my wife's costume shop wardrobe:

knapp1.jpg

Great suspension weave between the sweatband and the hat body:

knapp4.jpg

knapp3.jpg

Originally sold from a shop in Buffalo's historic downtown Statler Hilton:

knapp2.jpg

I will bring this one out in the light for some exterior photos. Thanks for the info on the sweatband construction. I have seen it mostly on boaters. I tried it on (it's a 7 1/8) and it makes for a very comfortable fit.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Interesting that the Bon Ton Ivy idea claimed to have the benefit of preventing baldness as well - see Dinerman's post in the thread Brad linked to.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Crofut & Knapp Derby
knapp1.jpg

Alan, that C&K Derby is absolutely superb!! I love that suspension weave of the sweatband, thats the mark of true craftsmanship. I just recently won a C&K homburg from Rilico that I will be posting pictures of this week. Even though the unreeded sweatband has broken almost all of its stitches (pretty common for those) all the materials are extremely high quality. The sweatband is beautifully wide and soft. Do you have a head shot of you wearing this Beautiful Derby?

Hi Josh... I admired that one, but my cup of black homburgs runneth over. Glad you got it and I'm looking forward to your pictures. I will have some additional shots of the C&K derby shortly.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Hi Josh... I admired that one, but my cup of black homburgs runneth over. Glad you got it and I'm looking forward to your pictures. I will have some additional shots of the C&K derby shortly.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news......but the homburg is actually a beautiful shade of dark navy blue. For some reason Rilico said it was black. :tape2:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8panelnewsboy