Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cross zip nation

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Eastman Roadstar

FL_Eastman_Front.JPG

FL_Eastman_Back.JPG

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Finally i have it, here are some photos
View attachment 367208
View attachment 367204
Piped pocket welton some, and exposed zip on some.

The leather is 1.3 - 1.4mm veg tan cow natural unpressed leather, i dye it myself with tshirt bun as tool to pat it with black water based dye. The belt is 4mm natural vegtan cow pressed, also dyed the same way.
Hardware are sourced locally, zips are ykk with dual zip on the main, and beige tape on the pocket and cuff.
Twist toggle for the epaulette.
View attachment 367209
The lining is also gusetted mirroring the outside, it has zipper to access the inside of the jacket for easy repair. It has 8 pockets all functional :D
View attachment 367212 the elastic can be replaced once kaput.

Way more wearable brand new compared to my pressed 1.5mm natural vegtan cow last time.

View attachment 367210
Oh it can stand by itself.:)

Late to the party but what a jacket! It might have taken 7 years for you to see the light as you say, but all htis time examining cross zips really paid off! You would not have such a well thought out jacket otherwise!

Really impressive :D

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Late to the party but what a jacket! It might have taken 7 years for you to see the light as you say, but all htis time examining cross zips really paid off! You would not have such a well thought out jacket otherwise!

Really impressive :D
thanks man, you are right, I 've seen, and memorize things I like here and there, like going into class everyday after 7 years even the slowest would graduate :D:D

Leather Walker

Practically Family

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Very cool but as much as I love worn out leather jackets, that inside leather hem strip is seriously nasty. As if someone wore it naked underneath. Fit you great, though. Worth kicking it over to JL for a repair?

Yes, that hem leather is rather crusty. This is characteristic of the Bay area makers. I've seen this on Taubers, Ralphs-Pugh, All Weather, United Sportswear. I've had this piece changed in an All Weather jacket. This one only cost $58 delivered!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Wow, glad to see this is in your hands! I keep thinking it's a Top Notch by Ralphs-Pugh:
- Typical inner belt-loop at the waistband.
- Velveteen around the neck.
- Two inner pockets.
- Buttoned pointed cuffs.

Yes, I was thinking along the same line. Significant differences when in hand. I was not sure it would fit and it ends up being an excellent fit. Has a bit of a duck tail that I'm not familiar with on Taubers. I will have to investigate. I seen no indication it had any labels and I believe the lining is original.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot