Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CrossZip,Who Am I ?

TheGuitarFairy

Practically Family
I'm at a loss, any idea what this guy is?
Thanks!
00k0k_89fziGpnybpz_0lM0CI_1200x900.jpg

00H0H_3RMtkGMiEbIz_0lM0CI_1200x900.jpg

00y0y_iKDmvv10wJXz_0lM0CI_1200x900.jpg

Sportclad did the Indian Ranger little pocket? Good to know :)
Well, not really as the stitching on the coin pocket is only decorative on this jacket while Indian Ranger's got an actual patch pocket, a la Buco J-24.

Good call professor Monitor
Haha, thanks but I learned about this jacket from Terry to be perfectly honest. But it helps that this is absolutely my favorite motorcycle cross zip style and IMO perfect Perfecto.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Haha, thanks but I learned about this jacket from Terry to be perfectly honest. But it helps that this is absolutely my favorite motorcycle cross zip style and IMO perfect Perfecto.

Yes, it does look like the Kurland labeled Sportclad. Should look like this. These are very nice jackets. Several have shown up recently. Black Horsehide, red wool lining, inside pocket, stitched outline for D pocket, throat latch. Typically known for their outstanding leather.

DSC02757.jpg
DSC02768.jpg
DSC02787.jpg
DSC02792.jpg
DSC02797.jpg

Yes, it does look like the Kurland labeled Sportclad. Should look like this. These are very nice jackets. Several have shown up recently. Black Horsehide, red wool lining, inside pocket, stitched outline for D pocket, throat latch. Typically known for their outstanding leather.

View attachment 336057 View attachment 336058 View attachment 336059 View attachment 336060 View attachment 336061

It is... Unfathomable how the heck they managed to get from this jacket, which in my opinion is the absolute zenith of design and function that this particular style can achieve, to pure junk the Perfecto had become since the 70's.
It's as if everyone deliberately chose to copy the crappiest version they could find, while jackets like this Sportclad disappeared into the night.

Great design and Terry is right about the leather. I had one. Couldn’t get rid of it fast enough. Back length of 22” and I was ready to fight any bull that crossed my path. It was sold mercifully quick. Shame I didn’t take more pics but I actually hated it based solely on the fit. I did net a very cool collar though which found its way to a Vanson. :D
541D4EE2-A206-4907-91D8-53A8A2797089.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I like this version with the collar base close over the throat when popped up, I see many cross zip has triangle hole on the base of the neck which looks wrong imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran