Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cuckoo clocks?

ScarlettTurner

New in Town
I'm a big fan of cuckoo clocks. We had one when I was small.
I'm going to get one in the near future. I'm fascinated by them. Does anyone have a cuckoo clock, and do you have pics?

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
My mother has one and she also inherited another one from a great-aunt. I remember the second one as a kid. It was always fun to see the cuckoo come out every 15 minutes, and the dancers on the hour. I wondered what happened at night, though. Some clocks have a way to turn off the sounds at night- make sure you get one of those! lol

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
I have one that my parents bought in Germany when I was a kid. It keeps great time! My wife though refuses to allow it in the house running, she says it drives her crazy. I also don't think I should subject to coworkers to the hourly updates either, so right now it's packed away in the attic:( .

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
"It's like that fellow said, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, bloodshed and murder, but they produced Michaelangelo, Leonardo DaVinci and The Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love. Five hundred years of democracy and peace and what did that produce???
The Cuckoo Clock."

Sorry, couldn't resist. I do love these and always wished I had one of the old ones when they were entirely handmade.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
I have an antique one that used to hang in my hallway, but I had to take it down because I have a bad kitty that can't resist wrestling with the dangling chains and weights. lol

rumblefish

One Too Many
Dieses ist mein cuckoo. It's supposed to be from in or around Der Schwarzwald,,, that's what I was told by who gave it to me.
Excuse my German.

DSC00760.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred