Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cuffed Jeans

Do you cuff or hem your jeans?

• Total voters

SinSir

A-List Customer
Likely. Cuffs started as a practical thing, but became fashion. Opposite of that trend in the UK circa 2006 for folks to wear bootcut (stealth flares) jeans too long, then walk on the rear hem til they wore into a sort of u-shape tinged with dirt!

Interesting tho, comparing with the trend to cuff with buckled engineer boots.

Cowboys also didn't like their jeans to rise too high when on horseback, while bikers need to keep them free of gears and such. Could be another reason for what then evolved into different trends.

Funny you mention this. I'm still trying find the right cuff on the motorcycle for my 21.5oz brave stars. Yesterday, I got the cuff caught on my foot peg, which rarely happens. They've softened some after a wash but still like denin iron. I tend to uncuff mine or unroll once on the bike to cover the boot while in the riding position and recuff when I get off.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
imo, jeans for wearing on the bike should be tapered and not too wide on the leg opening, or your boots shaft should be wide enough to properly fill out the lower leg of the jeans (like western boot), flapping pants or dangling boot laces near moving parts bringing bad luck unnecessarily higher odd

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Two inches turned up might just swamp this guy, but then again he's only 20 weeks old. They may not be of a designer make but they are bespoke. My missus made them.
View attachment 217126
The little guy's father told my missus that the jeans were getting a tad tight, such is the speed that babies grow. She made them with enough material to both, let them down and also let them out, when she's done he will get a few more months out of them.
Whilst altering them I tried to find a pair to buy for the little boy. New buys seem to come with elasticated waist and hems, when I told this to my wife she just smiled. "What?" I said, "what's so funny?" She told me that I had forgotten that baby's clothes need to compensate for, what she euphemistically called, "the drip tray."
In the meantime, the alterations have finished and when he's grown out of them, he will have a bespoke pair of bib and braces, with turned up cuffs, of course.

You see the button studs each side of the waist, there's room for a couple more set further back, if they are still a bit too big. And do you like the fade? You can do much with a scrubbing brush.

bib.jpg

I'm still not a fan of cuffing, but my shorty is the only exception! I liked it this way from the beginning, cuffed "ex factory".

Attachments

• IMGP7429.JPG
    IMGP7429.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 675

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21