Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Aero Sheene

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
That's why a couple of us attempted to tamp down the sudden excitement about 'mock fit jackets for everyone'...unless wait times are of little concern. Seems either that or hiring staff to sew every customer several mockups. That would mean a price increase.
HD

That's what I was trying to say in my previous posts.

Plus, I did pay a surcharge for the additional work. As it should be.

I just wanted to share my experience with Aero and tell everyone how professional they were. But I don't want to put them with more problems because I have talk to much.

If so, I will ask the mods to delete this thread.

@dan_t no the yoke design is untouched

Well, truth be told, this was a special job for them, I doubt everyone needs one of these mockups.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Finally off of mobile so I can write a bit more. First of all, thanks for taking the time to write this all up. The rust thread is brilliant on the black, I really like contrast stitching, especially when it's like this, where you have to get closer to the jacket and then it's just WOW. The tartan is a terrific match, and finally, and most importantly, what great service from Aero to go through the process with you to create a custom women's Sheene. I know that you paid for that service, but their answer could have been NO, so kudos to them for working with you. I hope you wear it a long, long time in good health.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Thanks pawineguy!

The Vincenza is a really nice leather, so far I like it a lot. It remind me a little of the liberty horsehide but slightly thicker. I can remark it will also be more resistant to abrasions than the LH.

You can see from the start the jacket will get nice grains and get a lot character with wear.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So many great Sheenes coming through lately...this one isn't any different.

Great looking jacket Speed, you must be over the moon.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
I really like the leather/stitching color combination.

I wanted to be original with the contrast stitching.

Aero told me the colors available and I choose this one, so far I haven't seen this combo.

I really like it too ;)

@ProteinNerd I haven't been able to land back on earth since I got the jacket :)

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I wanted to be original with the contrast stitching.

Aero told me the colors available and I choose this one, so far I haven't seen this combo.

I really like it too ;)

@ProteinNerd I haven't been able to land back earth since I got the jacket :)

Very good choice. You got style!

garzo

One of the Regulars
Yes, beautiful jacket -- the contrast stitching looks great and I love the lining -- it looks fantastic!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
amazing fit, service, and result!!
congratz

so happen, I also took a prototype fabric jacket made for fitting to be a lighter version of the leather version :)

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars
That has worked out really well. The stitching and lining are well chosen and give your jacket that enigmatic something that lifts it out of the ordinary. This forum has some excellent jackets and that is up there with the best.

As a fellow spectacle wearer I hope you won't mind me asking about your fantastic lunettes. They also look great

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Thanks guys!

As for my glasses, these are the Oakley Madman, originally they are sunglasses but I prefer to wear them as prescription glasses, more opportunities to wear them ;)

They are really comfortable and despite their look, quite light on the nose.

It's been awhile since Oakley comes up with a crazy design (since their Oakley Mars) I love the steampu.nk vibes from those glasses.

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
Still getting used to the Oakleys, but I love your Sheene. I have one as well, and it is my go to jacket in temps above the mid 30s when I wear leather.

I also was impressed with your LW peacoat in the goat, I believe it was. You have good tastes in leather.

Edward

Bartender
I don't think it would be necessary to go to this length to fit most of you gentlemen, I mean most of the jackets not to say all jackets I saw on the lounge fit you quite well without altering the pattern.

So unless you have a peculiar body shape, I don't think it will be essential to go with a mockup jacket.
Like I say previously the altering made was to fit the body shape of a woman.

The last thing I want is to put Aero in an awkward position with this.

Yes, I can certainly see how (as we've all discussed on the other thread this week) this additional level of pattern work, making it M2M, really, becomes important for women. Us guys, it's more a matter of just identifying the correct OTR size, IMO.

Your jacket looks fantastic. Really looks like a "50s slimfit Highwayman", sort of thing the 59 Club / Ace Cafe scenesters might have worn back in the day. When Ken designed the standard highwayman we all know, his start point was a British jacket of that period, but he took it in a very 'Americanised' direction. The Slimfit highwayman in the curent lineup took that back to a more 30s vibe with its style ing cues; this one, however, sits alongside the highwayman 59 model as being much more in tune with the British makers like Lewis, Highwayman, and all the rest. A significant addition to the range.

BTW, I'd be curious to see more photos of the second mock-up that you're now wearing as a Summer jacket. Is it in drill cotton? Aero used to do a Ricky jacket that was, as far as I can make out from old photos, very similar to the Highwayman in pattern, but gaberdine instead of leather. It would be interesting to see them doinga few more of that kind of thing again.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
The mockup jacket don't have any features such as pockets, yoke, lining... since it for fitting purpose only.

I have the chance to have a mother who sew so she "finished" the inside of the jacket like the collar base for example.

I think it is drill cotton.

4b2f3355efbb7ef32125725170121779.jpg

976f83d1fc0630955db320bf27a52b30.jpg

162753e32789928c86d595e7fd6704a3.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Yeah, that's cotton drill. It has the look of a 50s era work-jacket. A couple of patch-pockets would be an interesting addition. Looks great for those days when you want to wear a jacket, but too hot for anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112