Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Hat Liners?

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Well done sir. Your kung fu is superior to mine.
Yea,I'm kind of like kung fu panda.I stumble along till I accidently get it right.Thanks everyone for the kind comments.I have made a couple of the pin up liners.I'll post the pics.I have not sold anything over the inter-web,being that I'm computer dumb.But if someone wants liners we could figure something out.I'm also looking at some other printed fabrics.

bloc

One of the Regulars
Ok,after making a pattern cutting the fabric,sewing the fabric.Then takeing it apart,makeing a new pattern,starching the fabric sewing again.I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

I love these! Love the change from the black sides to the colours. Really fun. Been thinking about how to line my own hats. Great ideas here.

bloc

One of the Regulars
I have used vintage silk scarves to line my ladies hats but they are pretty floppy. I wonder if they could be stiffened to use in men's hats.... Would the stiffener last.... Might be worth a try.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
To use silk for liners its best to also use a interface backing which will add body to fabric. Fabric Stores carry different weights or thicknesses depending on your needs.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I tried both iron on and non and like the non iron on best as you cut and sew it directly together with fabric and seems to work fine. The iron on one doesn't lay as well at least when I tried it.

Landman

One Too Many
I have some plain satin liners in different colors that I purchased from HatSupply awhile back. I've been thinking about removing the circular top of one of these liners and replacing it with a pinup style pattern. After looking closely at how the liner is constructed I think I should be able to handle that task even though my sewing skills are very poor!

John Galt

Vendor
I have not yet attempted this, but have recently done what I believe is a pretty fair job at a brim binding. The stitch work required for a good liner tip seems less daunting overall. You have performed well on the former, and am sure you will excel at the latter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot