Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Hat Liners?

RJR

I've asked Chuck (DOGMAN) to make me several.They're well made and fun.I've lost a few to friends & family.

humanshoes

One Too Many
I'm digging the crazy cool liners DOGMAN. The sky really is the limit if one wants to make one's own liners. Mine are made with satin taffeta and my trusty inkjet printer for the crown tips. I also sew in clear plastic protectors for the old school look. Definitely not as flamboyant and fun as yours, but I have a rather conservative clientele. IMG_1978.jpg IMG_2066.jpg

Last edited:

humanshoes

One Too Many
Thanks,humanshoes they are fun to make.I think your Phoenix liners are cool.Were do you get the clear plastic protectors?
Thanks DOGMAN. A package of clear plastic sheet protectors from the "dollar" store will do 12 hats. I've had one in my first hat for years with no sign of wear or yellowing. You can also buy 20' rolls of Grafix Clear-Lay .003 plastic film on the bay for $12. In answer to the original post, I don't feel much of a difference in the heat level with or without the film. I, like you, don't sew or tape or glue in my liners so I just take them out when the weather gets warmer.

ingineer

One Too Many
Some pics of liners arrived yesterday from Dogman
Just quickly thrown into place since my Loar 280 guitar and CBG came along with doing parts purchasing for a tele body.

Darn photobucket is slow

in Crane Rod Maker:

Cattleman

Fed IV for a littke rock an roll:

the pics don't do these justice
Thanks Chuck; very much appreciated!

Are those liners made tall enough for the Sombrero, Joao? Might take two or three to cover the inside rotunda of your Sombrero...

Last edited:

Kuki

One of the Regulars
Homburg lining in italian silk tie fabric
c7436631f876428669ed02f16dc34f2b.jpg

I like my hats to be as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR