Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Johnson Leather jacket, virtually new, size 40

the LS

New in Town
Gentlemen -

about three years ago I had a jacket custom made at Johnson Leather in San Francisco. In the window I saw a "Japanese Train Engineer" jacket they were selling and combined its details with their standard M-200 motorcycle model, which offered a slimmer and shorter fit. The result looks like the child of a G-1 (pockets) and an A-2 (epaulets), minus the elastic waist and cuffs, plus a few details: we added button tabs on the sides and two internal pockets (one snap, one zipper), made the front pockets "side entry" (behind the top entry pocket), eliminated the M-200's action back and the zippers at the sleeves. We also incorporated a removable quilted vest. The jacket is made of black 3 oz. cowhide, the lining is black cotton for the body, smooth nylon in the sleeves.
The jacket was exactly what I wanted, planned to wear it at work. (I am a pilot and my employer is not particularly strict as long as the jacket somewhat looks the part. The issued airline-style flight jacket was of horrible fit and quality. I gave that away.)
However I never did wear it. It spent its time hanging in a closet and after a move in a box.
That seems like an incredible waste, and I thought maybe someone here would appreciate the jacket, could give it a better home than I have and actually wear it.

The base model of the jacket is size 40.
Straight across from shoulder to shoulder (not following the slope), it measures 20"/51cm, underneath the sleeves it is about the same.
Straight across the waist measures 18.5"/47cm
The zipper is 20.5"/52cm long
The sleeve from the epaulet to the cuff measures 21.5"/54.5cm (shorter than standard size 40)

I paid a little over $900 for the jacket.
If someone buys it from me for $600, I will pay the shipping, and it should be a win for all involved.
Please bear with me if I don't answer questions or messages immediately as I travel a lot.

(the marks on the collar are from my original attempts to shape it)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members