Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom made shaving soaps...

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
My review on Mama Bear shaving soap...

My wiskers woke me up today lol ... ...They are so happy to being shaved with Mama Bear soap that they now want to be shaved earlier each day...This is a problem... I guess I'll have to shave at night so I can get some sleep... This is the finest shaving soap my face has ever used...I love the smell of her soaps may buy a few more and sit them around the house to kill odors...Dual purpose soaps..:D... Tried the rest so I bought the best Mama Bear Soaps...

Anyone else use this type of shaving soap?

Bay Rum Fragrance Shaving Soap

Rosemary Mint Shaving Soap 100% Natural

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36357&item=9502133576

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36357&item=9505524890

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I do! I use Caswell Massey and I like it very much. But, keep in mind, I shave very very little. I only get a dusting of whiskers on the botton of my chin and a trail down the front of my neck and I get a little sprouting in the area where a mustache is supposed to go. So, on most days I just take the razor into the shower with me.

On the weekends, I lather up the badger brush and use my cake soap in its little bowl, but it is an indulgence; I don't really need to. ;)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I do!

Mamma Bear is great stuff. I have the Rosemary Mint (*POW!* scent!), and the Bay Rum. Both really fantastic. I like that she sends it in a tub so you can store it easily and use several scents at once (which means you can have several on hand in rotation - a tidy excuse to buy lots). Smart marketing. $5.99 for about 3 - 3.5 oz.

I also like Honeybee soaps. They are made with shea butter and smell amazing. I've used the Bay Rum and the Coconut. The latter is one of the best smells ever. My skin appreciates the added moisture. $2.50 for the 3.5 oz cake.

Another excellent soap maker is Chelsea's Soap Garden. I am using the Ginger Lime and it's excellent soap. $3.50 for 3.5 oz. cake.

My only bad thing I can say about any of them is that it will take me forever to get through the total of NINE cakes I have from these three so I can order more.

What razor do you use Sharpey?

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Merkur Progress Adjustable Safety Razor

Thanks, I'll order some Honeybee soap. I use a Merkur Progress Adjustable Safety Razor gold plated that I bought off the Ebay for $5.00.

It is the set with a real silver tip badger shaving brush per Shoeshineboy...Part of the handle is real ivory. Best value besides my Vintage Montecristi I haver ever gotten off the site...:)

Mama Bear

New in Town
Mama Bear

I am making shaving soaps both with natural essential oils and also with synthetic fragrance oils. The sythetics tend to last longer and cost much less, but there is something about using an all natural product that is incredibly appealing to me. Many people are buying the essential oils as a fragrance, but there are many properties that each has that I find to be fascinating... I could easily spend the rest of my life delving into this.

These are 100% natural glycerin soaps and I am currently adding Natural Vit. E., Silk Protein and Shea butter so that you will find shaving to be a moisturizing experience with lots of fragrance, great lather and a good cushioning effect.

Currently I am working on a line of Colognes to match the shaving soap scents so that you can layer the scents for a wonderful experience. You should not need to use any lotions of any sort when using my soaps to shave with.

I am currently retired and following my heart in learning about essential oils and natural products.. there is so much to learn and I am enjoying every bit of this experience.

You can find my soaps at www.bear-haven.com/page3.html

Big Bear Hugs!

Sue (Mama Bear)

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Welcome Mama Bear

Dear Mama Bear,
Welcome to The Fedora Lounge I'm sure you will find it a nice lounge and even nicer people... It sounds like you have some neat products coming out.:) :eusa_clap :)

Are these out now...?

These are 100% natural glycerin soaps and I am currently adding Natural Vit. E., Silk Protein and Shea butter so that you will find shaving to be a moisturizing experience with lots of fragrance, great lather and a good cushioning effect.

Roger

Mama Bear

New in Town
Hi Roger! Standing up and waving madly.... :D

I am currently in the midst of switching all the shaving soaps over to this new recipe. So far the feedback I am getting is incredibly heartening..! With currently over 75 different shaving soap fragrances it is going to be a couple of weeks untill they are all switched over. I am so convinced that this new recipe is it. I am so excited... ( I really need to get a life.....lol ) I have been making soap like crazy this past week, but it is still going to take a little bit more time before they are all switched over... I think these are worth waiting for! One of the gentlemen that recieved the new version told me that even his hands felt good after shaving!

Bear Hugs!

Sue (Mama Bear)

macawber

Familiar Face
I'm interested in Mama Bear hard soaps but it seems they don't ship to Australia. Presently I'm using Trumpers cocoanut soap very good indeed. Trumpers has a great reputation.
I started double edge shaving with a Merkur Futur and am now shaving with a Feather Artist Club straight razor which is truly excellent. You can get a really great shave with a straight, but you must be focused on what your doing or you may nick yourself.

Bob

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I will buy some...

Mama Bear said:
Hi Roger! Standing up and waving madly.... :D

I am currently in the midst of switching all the shaving soaps over to this new recipe. So far the feedback I am getting is incredibly heartening..! With currently over 75 different shaving soap fragrances it is going to be a couple of weeks untill they are all switched over. I am so convinced that this new recipe is it. I am so excited... ( I really need to get a life.....lol ) I have been making soap like crazy this past week, but it is still going to take a little bit more time before they are all switched over... I think these are worth waiting for! One of the gentlemen that recieved the new version told me that even his hands felt good after shaving!

Bear Hugs!

Sue (Mama Bear)

Well I'm sure you will have another winner for sure...:eusa_clap

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
the fedora lounge doesn't have enough space to post the great reviews about her soaps...

i am very interested in her new shea butter...this stuff makes other soaps feel as dry as a popcorn fart....

welcome sue....you'll fit right in here with the rest of us...

mark the shoeshine boy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner